Bonus Episode 4 - Alien Lovers👽

"You don't need a cape to be a hero. You just need to care."

-Kid President

👽👽👽

Kate skipped hand-in-hand with her twin Elena. The coins held in her fist made her smile and she jutted out her chin with pride.

They were going to look for rings. Not just any ring. They had heard a fat man sold alien rings.

They had many books about space and stars and they loved them. And aliens? They were amazing. Mom bought them a new book whenever they were good.

And daddy? He bought them whatever they wanted. Once she got home, she would show him the ring. They would get a ring, right?

"What if everyone buys all the rings?" Kate asked with a frown.

"We can never be sure unless we check," Elena said. "Come on, hurry up, Fat Legs."

"El." Kate groaned. "Stop calling me that." But her sister only giggled.

An ice cream van stopped in front of them and Kate dropped Elena's hand from hers, running towards it.

"Ice cream!"

"Come here, K!" Elena yelled. "We need to buy the rings first."

But it was too late. Kate bought a chocolate-chip ice cream cone and giggled.

"Let's go, Kate." Elena linked her arm with hers and ran towards the shop.

The ice cream in Kate's hand shook, small rivers of it covering her palm in a sticky mess. Running, she took a bite, the cream turning her nose cold.

"El, wait, hold this." Kate huffed and wiped her nose with the back of her hand. "I have got ice cream everywhere."

By the time Kate rinsed her face with the water in her bottle, Elena had eaten half of her cone.

Kate stuck out her bottom lip. "I never asked you to eat it."

Elena licked her lips with a snigger, her pigtails dancing with the wind. "I was hungry."

Kate huffed. "You don't like chocolate. Why did you eat it?"

Elena grinned, her teeth brown. "I can eat grass if I am hungry. Chocolate is far better."

Kate handed her the water bottle. "Rinse your mouth, El. Mom will be mad."

They entered the shop. Different shapes and colors: red, blue, silver, gold and pink meeting Kate's eyes.

But her glance snapped to the ring with a green alien head, which was placed in the middle of the box of rings.

"El!" Kate shook her sister's arm with glee. "Look! There are two left for us."

"Actually, only one."

Kate and Elena turned to find a boy standing behind them. He took small steps and stopped next to them.

The first thing Kate noticed about him was his eyes--a blue so blue it could put the sky to shame.

The second thing was his dark hair covering his forehead.

"No, the color is lighter than the sky's," Elena whispered with a shake of her head, her eyes still locked to the boy's.

Kate smiled softly. Trust El and her thought-detecting skills.