Episode 42 - Sinister Unrequited Love👽

"She came to them solid and strong, and they broke her into pieces, breaking her till she was left in fragments, in portions. So she went through a few years lost and miserable, depressed and angry.
Now she is her own universe, finding light from her dark years, creating galaxies in herself, being whole. She's born again, creating herself every day. She's fixing the cracks in her soul, the dents in her heart."

-Romana Rubyy

👽👽👽

The sting of unrequited love is usually healed with time.

But in Kate Russo's unfortunate case, unrequited love disguised into something sinister.

Something which dared to threaten the naive girl's life.

After the muddy humiliation that shattered her popular image, Kate Russo was nothing but a wreck.

With an inkling about who was behind it, Kate marched towards an abandoned alley, not far from her house.

If the rumors were to be believed, Alexander McAllister and his two friends would be found there.

And they were.

As she walked on the cobbled alleyway, the sight of a garbage can wrinkled her nose at once.

If the vines crawling up the window sills and the crumbling plaster that enveloped the stone bricks weren't unnerving enough, the sight of the three boys surely was.

Kate licked her lips, her palms balled into fists as she crept closer.

"It's a pleasure to see you, beautiful." Alexander extended a tattooed arm, his dark eyes hinting a smile. "But why are you here?"

Kate had no time for handshakes. "Stop fooling around, Alexander. You know why I am here."

"To meet me, of course."

Alexander's friends chuckled, their laughter irking Kate and she balled her fists tighter.

"Why did you ruin my performance?" Kate almost shouted but tried to keep her tone low.

Alexander tilted his face to the left, his eyebrows scrunched. "Why would I do that? I like you, Katie."

"It's Kate." The muscles in her jaw moved.

"Doesn't matter."

"Answer me." Kate shouted as she clutched the collars of his T-shirt.

If the guy was angry, he didn't show it. His face was devoid of emotions. Kate found him staring at her as if she was some puzzle.

The corner of his lips tugged upwards in a smirk as he held her palms. "Trying to get closer, aren't we?"

Disgusted, Kate yanked her palms away. "Don't you dare touch me with your filthy hands, Alexander."

"Call me Alex, babe. I would love that."

All hints of a smile were gone from his face. His friends watched the exchange quietly, but they appeared worried.

"The hell I care about what you love or not." Kate gritted her teeth. "Just answer my question and I'll leave."

"You can leave only when I want you to." Alexander chuckled. "I am not done with you yet, beautiful."

The setting sun left behind darkness, which lurked in every corner. The hair on Kate's neck stood up, her heart beating faster.

Danger.