Episode 22 - Confrontation👽

"You get into the biggest fights with the people you care about the most, because they are the relationships you're willing to fight for."

-Wiz Khalifa

👽👽👽

Someone tapped Kate's shoulder, making her face raise from the previously downcast position.

Everyone had left for the stage, to practice for the upcoming Sleeping Beauty play, leaving the twins behind.

Kate's golden eyes met Ivan's baby blue ones which looked at her questioningly.

"Do I need to give you a special invitation for the practice?" he asked, bowing down to her in mockery.

Kate raised an eyebrow at him and then rolled her eyes. She tried to hold back a smile and answered, "My mom didn't sign the slip. So I won't be a part of this play."

"Really now? Then why do I have both of your names in this list of participants?"

Kate frowned at this and raised her inquisitive eyebrows at Elena who stood there quietly.

"Kate, I... Van's right... we are a part of the play."

"You got to be kidding me!" Kate shot back, her eyes filled with horror. She got up from the seat and marched angrily towards Elena.

"Kate--" Ivan began, but was interrupted when her low, angry voice echoed in the classroom.

"You got my slip signed, didn't you?" Kate questioned, grabbing Elena's arm tightly in her hyper state.

Noticing Elena's downcast eyes, she screamed, "Didn't you!"

Elena looked at her twin, meeting her light eyes with her dark ones; the only trait which marked them different, except Kate's dyed hairstreak.

It's rare to find twins with different eye colors, but here they were, their dark and light orbs fighting with each other.

Shades of brown locked in fury...

"This can't go on forever!" Elena answered with a frown, clutching her sister's shoulders to emphasize her point. "Move on!"

"You've to move on..."

"I never expected this, El... you know what had happened. I can't do this anymore!"

"Try," Elena uttered firmly and gently took Kate's arm, trying to lead her out of the room.

"Leave me alone," Kate whispered and removed her sister's hold roughly. She glanced at Ivan whose expression was neutral as he felt that it was better to be quiet.

👽👽👽

The first thing Max noticed when the twins came up on the stage was Kate's pallor. Her face looked like snow personified and her hands trembled slightly by her sides.

He frowned at this and dropped the script from his hand. Rushing towards her with large strides, he grabbed her shaky palm.

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly and rubbed her palm roughly. Her skin felt cold, freezing in fact against his warm one.

"Are you okay?" he repeated, trying to get her to look at him, but her eyes fixed solely upon the mic, didn't flicker to his worried green ones.

"Kate," he whispered. He gently touched her jaw and tilted her face towards his side.