Epilogue👽

"So, I close my eyes to old ends and open my heart to new beginnings."

-Nick Frederickson

👽👽👽

"What type of character will you be playing in Hunter?" a reporter questioned.

Elena noticed the bright smile on her face, the dimples adding extra charm to it.

"A spy," Ivan answered, his baby blue eyes lighting up. "Can't say more than that."

"Will we get to see any love scenes?"

Ivan shook his head and snaked his arm around Elena's waist.

"Sorry, guys, you know I don't do love scenes."

Elena sighed. How long would he say no? He was bound to do a love scene at some point of time.

The voices, the lights, the questions, made her uneasy. She was happy for Ivan and his success no doubt, but even after three years, she couldn't get used to the cameras.

And Ivan never went anywhere without her.

What little time of his time he had offered her during these years, slowly infested insecurities in her heart.

She loved him and would always do so, but was love enough?

He was a movie star, people swarmed around to get a peek of him.

And she? She was a shopkeeper, who sold miniature show pieces.

Ivan had never hinted the difference of fame between them, but Elena was afraid.

She was afraid now... more than she had ever been.

She glanced at her fingers, which were bare, except for the alien ring.

A wry smile etched her face. The alien head brought back fond remembrances.

The memories, now alien, reminded her of simple times.

As she glanced at Ivan, who continued answering the interviewer, a realization struck her.

She and Kate had claimed to know him. But did they?

The answer was both yes and no.

There were traces of the old Ivan; his humor and warmth. But over the years, there was a coldness, a mask that had blanketed his personality.

He struggled to reveal his feelings. Elena knew he loved her, but now was the time she needed to hear it the most.

Her lips trembled and she bit them when she saw Kate and Max's forms ahead.

Even though eight years had passed since she had met Max, his green eyes were still the same--full of happiness.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around Kate, who shook a finger in his face.

He handed her a sapling and pecked her forehead.

Elena grinned. That would definitely solve their meaningless spat.

Kate hit Max's chest and Elena chuckled to herself. So, her sister had found out that her husband had brought her the sapling from her own nursery.

As Max kissed the bump on Kate's stomach, Elena's eyes stung.

She wiped the traitorous tears when they headed in her direction.

"Did you tell him yet?" Kate questioned. "And stop crying for Astronomy's sake, El."