Episode 35 - Inked👽

"I'm on the verge of crying
I'm straining myself
from breaking down
because once my tears drop
they will be heavier
than rain will ever fall."

-Tris (InvisibleTris)

👽👽👽

A group of students huddled together in one corner of the stage, their faces anxious and lips moving silently.

Max watched as each one now stood in a queue, their eyebrows bent in worry. Ivan stood, his baby blue eyes scanning them with crossed arms.

The girl, who had to enact her assigned role, stammered and her knees trembled as she noticed Ivan's icy look.

Max marched forward, wondering what had turned Ivan's mood sour.

A little away from his bestie stood the twins, Elena's eyes were red and Kate whispered something to her with a straight face.

Something was wrong, Max felt.

Max, now next to Ivan's right side, held his shoulder and gently removed the script from his enclosed palm.

With an aggravated sigh, Ivan sat on a plastic chair and massaged his forehead.

Elena, who was about to sit on the chair too, sat on Ivan's lap unknowingly.

The two stared at each other, their jaws clenched and Elena sprang out of his lap instantly.

Max shook his head. Something was definitely wrong.

He focused on the students in front of him, their lines now on point and perfectly enacted.

The Drama teacher waltzed on the stage with a frown.

He stood next to Ivan and cleared his throat. "Mr. Moore, enlighten me why Mr. Steele here has taken your place?"

Ivan raised his head and licked his lips. "I'm not feeling well, sir."

"You do realize we have only one month for rehearsals." The Drama teacher's frown deepened. "Get back to work, Mr. Moore. I am counting on you."

Ivan narrowed his eyes before pointing at the group of students on his left. "They're a bunch of idiots. What do you expect?"

"Mr. Moore, mind your tongue. I expect you to treat them fairly."

Ivan ambled towards the group with a sigh, taking in their displeased faces.

The students parted away, muttering unhappily and Max shook his head.

Max was about to say something to Ivan but stopped when he noticed Sarah and Ashley in each other's faces.

"Stop it, Ash. Enough is enough. What you've done is enough. Just stop," Sarah said, her voice coarse.

"How can I forget what you have done?" Ashley pointed an accusatory finger at Sarah, Riva, and Ruby. "You all treated me like a slave, worse than that."

All the talks ceased leaving only Ashley's hoarse voice echoing in the auditorium.

"You made me do all your work in the name of friendship." The veins in Ashley's neck bulged out as she stood with a stormed expression.