As family it's the best

Just read and find out people, my word you're gonna love it.
Love ya❤️ all 24k of you
————————————————-
Today was Ian and Mickey's five-year anniversary. The problem was that they were both on different sides of the earth. Mickey was in Chicago visiting Mandy and Lip after they had a new kid recently and finally had the time for it. He doesn't care about his stupid brother-in-law, but about his sister, whom he adores. He came over with Odile because the girl insisted, and Mickey couldn't leave her with anyone alone. Then, after staying at the old Milkovich household that they recently renovated, they would fly over to Ian's base to visit him and would hopefully stay with him for the weekend. Which was why they were on a plane right now to the Northern Territory in Australia. It was a long flight, almost 20 hours, but for love, you would do everything, right?
They left a day earlier and boarded the flight at 7 p.m. Odlie was already half asleep, which helped when they were aboard.

"Daddy, are we there yet?" she asked as she woke up from her dream five hours later.
"Not yet," he replied, and she groaned and then asked, "When will we get there?".
"Soon, don't worry, go back to sleep, and it'll be less," he explained, and she smiled, nodding her head and cuddling close to her dad once again, drifting back to sleep with him.

They kept on waking up every few hours for some food or to watch a movie, but they spent most of their time sleeping through the ride.

They landed at 2 p.m. that afternoon and got a cab to Ian's base. On their way there, Mickey's phone started to ring.
"It's Ian," he explained to the little girl, who nodded before he answered.
"Hey Freckles, how's it going?" He asked as he answered.
"You know, chilling at home without my husband and kid."
"What?!" he yelled so loudly that even people on the street looked over at him confused, as did the driver. Hoping he didn't just fly 20 hours over to meet Ian for their anniversary when the guy did the same thing.
"Please tell me that you're not at home right now, while me and Odile are in Australia. Please tell me we didn't have the same idea for this day," he begged. All he wanted to do right now was chill with Ian and Odile.
"Hold up, you two are in Australia?!" he yelled with a frowning face.
"God damn it, Gallagher, couldn't you stay put for this day?!"
"Daddy, what's wrong?" Odile asked, scared and confused.
"Me and dad might have had some disagreements over the celebration of our anniversary today," he summarised as she looked at him with more confusion.
"Where is dad?"
"He flew home to surprise us, while we were here to surprise him. Isn't it funny?" He asked sarcastically; all he wanted to do right now was bang his head against the window, and he passed out.
"Mick, Mick, you two get to the base; get a flight there soon; there is no reason for you two to fly back."
"Are you sure, Ian? That flight costs a  lot. Mickey asked
"Don't worry, the military covers it all. Get there. I'd call a room for you two."
"Okay, we will see you soon, Red. I love you even when you're dumb."
"I love you too, captain dummy."

Eventually Ian arrived at 11 a.m. the following morning, and unfortunately, they didn't manage to spend the weekend together as much as they planned, but they had a two-day fun in Palmerston Water Park.
Of course, it wasn't what they planned to do at first, but as a family together, it was the best.