i'll love you until my last breath

Pencil POV:

"H-help me."

Match dropped the phone on the ground, in shock. I ran to her side, concerned: "Match? What just happened??"

"P-pin. S-she's n-not okay.." were the only words she could fathom out of her tiny mouth. "What did she say exactly?"

"She said 'help me.'"

We sat in silence for a minute, staring straight into each other's eyes. Match, who was always quite the talker, was like completely silent. I mean, this wasn't even in our protocol. Never did our handbook ever tell us what to do when one of your guests cries for fucking help. We both knew it had something to do with Firey, but there was no way we could speak to Pin without getting caught.

I could tell Match was worried, so I had to come up with a plan, and I had to do it fast. I looked around me, thinking about any possible way to make this situation easier for us. I sighed, and turned towards her: "Match, what are we supposed to do?"

"We need to help her, obviously!"

"But Match, after what you said about Leafy, it's not safe to go up there."

"Well someone has to help her! She might've killed Ruby, but I can't lose another person. I can't lose any more people. Please, Pence-Pence, I have to go." She tried to leave the desk, but I stopped her: "Match, I know you can't lose any more people, but you can't go. You are everything to me, and if Firey knew you were helping Pin, he would kill you, and I can't lose you too. So please, just stay here. I'm sure Pin will figure it out herself."

I held out my hand, but she didn't take it. Instead, she reached for our front desk notepad. She handed me a pen: "we might not be able to speak with Pin without getting caught, but we can write to her." She pulled me aside to explain her plan, and although it was risky, it could work.

We took the elevator to Pin's floor, and crept up to room #17. We had a folding table with us as a backup, so if we got caught, we could pretend we were delivering Pin room service.

Not letting go of my hand, Match slowly stepped up and knocked on the door three times. This caught Pin's attention, and we commenced our plan. She handed me the paper as I wrote out our first sentence: "What's wrong?" we slid the note under the door, along with the pen.

We waited about 15 seconds, pressing our ears against the wooden door. We heard scribbling noises, and saw the paper slide out again. "Firey locked me up in here without food. I can't escape." Match and I gave each other a glance, as the only copy of the key was with Firey.

Suddenly, Match snatched the notepad from the floor: "We can't unlock the door, but we want to help as much as possible. What else can we do?" She slid it back under the door, with ease. I admired how she was so brave.

After a couple more seconds of waiting, we saw the notepad touch Match's foot, and I grabbed it, showing her the next message: "If you cannot get me out, please get Coiny and send him this message:

'donutHole, exEcute, yeLlow face, Pin. #17.'"

It was utter nonsense, but Match still whispered back to Pin: "Hang in there, girlie. We will find him ASAP."

We walked back to the ground floor, not saying a word to each other. Just when we thought all the hard work was over, we had a new mission: Get this note to Coiny without getting caught.

Leafy POV:

BRIDE?

What was he talking about?! Is this some kind of joke? I hesitantly got out of my bed, as Firey dangled the long end of the leash in front of me.