"bye, i guess"

(This is a continuation of the last chapter and not a new chapter)

______________________________

Firey POV:

Now I had to figure out what I was going to tell everyone else about the gossip girls. I mean, I had already killed and kidnapped a lot of people, so I needed to make this case seem unintentional.

If I said both Match and Pencil went missing and died, no one would buy it. I had to find a way to make their lack of presence benefit me, yet I couldn't think of anything.

Suddenly, I remembered:

Pencil never actually died.

For all these objects knew, Pencil was still alive, but just missing. It was then when I thought of the perfect idea.

I guess these alterations had to suffice for my plan...

I quickly ran upstairs from the basement, hearing a slight banging noise from the door.

Maybe I should get that soundproof wall checked out, I thought.

Once I reached the ground floor, I dragged the bookshelf back into its original space, covering the hidden door. I went over to the front desk, grabbed a notepad, and sat down to write.

"Dear community—"

Wait, no, she wouldn't say that. Let's try again.

"Omg hey guys—"

That sounds ten times worse, Firey. Think of a way to sound sad and petty at the same time.

After what seemed like an eternity of drafting, I finally got a suitable end result:

Hey everyone,

I wanted to write this for anybody who finds this note. Just know that I don't really enjoy writing like at all, but I just had to say this before I go:

Basically, Pencil was my ride or die. She helped me win challenges and become a good alliance member, but most importantly, she helped me realize that I am not complete without her. She was there for me when none of you were. And without her, I can't rly function properly. She's one of the closest people I know, and I can't live without her.

So, yeah. I wrote this short note just to say why I'm leaving, not that anyone cares anyways. And I know that Pencil might still be missing somewhere, but my gut is telling me she is dead, and that I have to join her.

So bye, I guess.

-Match

It was perfect; it was short, sweet, and it got the point across without being too specific.

Although I had a general idea of where my plan was going, I guess I had to monitor the two to make sure things went my way.

Until then, someone needed to make another announcement reading the note, so that the others would assume Pencil's missing case was hopeless.

People should know better than to underestimate me...

_