dessert

Tennisball POV:

"TB! You are wrong!" GB screamed.

I rolled my eyes: "The square with root of Pi is 1.771!!

"No, it's 1.772!" she exclaimed.

"1.771!"

"1.772!"

"1.771—"

"Hey, guys, can you be a little more quiet?" Basketball asked.

"Oh, sorry BB. I'm just trying to convince this dumbass TB that I'm right, like always!" Hearing all the noise from GB's loud mouth, Blocky came down the stairs of the lab: "Jeez, what's all this commotion about?"

"Well," I started, "GB thinks the square root of Pi is 1.772 when it's obviously 1.771." I said, being snarky.

"TB I LITERALLY HAVE A SQUARE ROOT OBSESSION I KNOW THE SQUARE ROOT OF PI BY HEART!" Ugh, she was being so stubborn.

"Guys, let's all just calm down. The fighting is not good for Grassy," Basketball said while Blocky nodded in agreement.

"Fine. I know how we can settle this," I said, pulling out a calculator. Golfball gasped: "you did not just pull out a calculator." I chuckled and entered every single digit of Pi. I pressed the enter button and...shit. I immediately hid the calculator behind my back, causing GB to raise an eyebrow."Hah, I was right, wasn't I!"

I sighed, knowing that she was correct, yet again. "Yes, GB, you were right," I frowned. This gave her the biggest smile on her face. My disappointment in myself turned into nerves. My cheeks started to burn bright red. It was probably my raging hormones, but ever since that day when she leaned on me, I literally couldn't stop thinking about her. Something about comforting her that day was setting me off emotionally and also...physically.

Eek, that day was embarrassing, but good thing Golfball didn't notice my—nevermind. It's best that I never mention that again. She would've practically kicked me in the balls if she saw the way I was acting; stupid, reckless, and irrational. All jokes aside, there had to be some scientific explanation why I was feeling this way. I was hot, dizzy, and strangely happy. Definitely a chemical imbalance, I thought.

Anyways, after my humiliating mistake of rounding incorrectly, I sat by Golfball. Her smile seemed to fade a little, and I could tell she was thinking. Making sure I didn't make the same mistake as last time, I took a different approach to ask her what was wrong. But of course, my awkward ass always found a way to screw things up, so my words ended up sounding like this: "Yo GB; my pal, my bud, my bestie. What's up? You good over there?" I am a fucking idiot.

Golfball tilted her head: "Uh...are YOU okay? That did not seem like your own personality approximately 5 seconds ago." I shook my head in embarrassment and decided to just be honest: "Well, GB, I think we should talk about what happened a couple days ago.."

She rolled her eyes: "TB, I don't have the time nor the proper energy needed to discuss these things."

"Yeah but—"

"CAN U PLEASE JUST FORGET ABOUT THAT DAY ALREADY?!"

Jeez...that was harsh.

"I-" before I could finish, the door slammed open. GB and I turned our heads, as Blocky and BB came sprinting down the stairs. It was Match and Pencil.

"What are you doing here," I asked. Resort workers rarely got long breaks, and even if they had them, why would Match and Pencil come to the lab?