Scheming for Satisfaction

Firey POV:

After my rather fortunate success with Pencil and the BRC, I began to plan how I would introduce her back into the Island.

Everyone was sure she was dead, and now all I had to do was find a way for her to come alive again. I mean, technically, they still thought she went missing, but there was no way I could say she suddenly was found.

Or could I?

I got out my handy pencil and paper and started sketching out different possibilities.

Where should I say she went? How did she leave the island? What was the reason she left in the first place? More importantly, what do I say about Match?

If I said Match died in that note, what would happen if Pencil completed the tasks I assigned her and asked me to recover her beloved bestie?

Eh, I guess I could just lie to Pencil about recovering Match and kill her off, if it comes to that point.

I didn't want my story to stray too far from what I've already told my citizens, so I had to use something about their companionship and relate it to Pencil coming back and Match dying.

Hmm...I just might have a good idea.

I began to draft another announcement, only this time, I wouldn't be the one reading it.

Pencil POV:

I didn't even want to think about what happened on the ledge by the incinerator that day. I couldn't process how I even felt at the time, nor even want to process it at all. The only thing I kept telling myself was 'what's done is done,' which was a load of BS anyways.

Of course I made the right choice, but that didn't mean it wasn't a hard choice to make. Bubble was my friend, and as much as I don't like her now, nothing could change the memories I had with her. Still, if I was given this decision again, I'd choose Match's safety every time.

Nonetheless, though I was traumatized, at least I was traumatized in a normal hotel room with food and water. As much as I hated to admit it, Firey was treating me well when it came to living conditions. But one thought lingered in my mind:

If THAT was the first task, there is no way these tasks are gonna get easier.

Speaking of the devil, I heard three knocks on my room door. I got up from my curled-up position on the bed and looked through the peephole, just to make sure it was him. Then, I opened the door, awaiting my fate.

"I have a new task for you." Well, that was abrupt, but Firey always did like to get to the point. Before I had a chance to respond, he reached out his hand: "Come with me," he said, pulling my arm.

We walked over to the front desk and he handed me the speaker we used to pre record announcements.

"Why are you handing that to me? Aren't you afraid I will tell the entire island you're holding me hostage?" I asked.