chapter 14 • ice cream

We pull over at a random ice cream parlour in the middle of the road. And to b frank, it's reminding me of that scene from the SpongeBob movie (if you know, you know).

"Why does it look so dark and spooky in there?" I comment.

Matthew shrugs, "idk. Their ice cream is amazing tho so I'm prepared to get mugged for it, let's go".

Yeah, we'd both die in a horror movie. It is hard being so brave. But then again pennywise would fear me not vise versa, "What flavour are you gonna get?"

"Double, extra, triple, choc chunky brownie". Heart attack has entered the chat.

"That sound so good. I think I'm gonna wait until we're inside to decide since I've never been here before".

"Fair! There's heaps to choose from. I'm also gonna get toppins and everything, my shout so go wild".

I laugh, and we walk in together hand-in-hand (I don't know how this happened but I'm not hating it).

"Oh you have got to be kidding me" I mumble.

"Hey welcome to Papa's Ice Creameria, how may I help you?".

This is who it is:

&

Matt bursts out laughing, "Chris! Nick! What the fuck!" he approaches the counter and does a weird fist bump thing to both of them, "Damn you guys really get around

Matt bursts out laughing, "Chris! Nick! What the fuck!" he approaches the counter and does a weird fist bump thing to both of them, "Damn you guys really get around. Also why the fuck was I not invited to work here but you two were".

Also how the HELL did Nick get here so quickly?? What??

They both shrug in unisono. I guess it's that triplet telepathy. "It was empty so we just came in and began to work" Chris explains, "Hey, Yolly" he then adds, noticing me. He looks sad, betrayed in a way.

I try to break up the weird mood, "Hey, why don't we all eat some ice cream together?".

"That sounds awesome!" Chris says.

"Yeah, let's do it!" Matt beams.

"Absolutely not" Nick finishes.

Matt and Chris both give him a look.

"Fine oh my god but you're shouting Matt".

•••
"This is sooo good" I comment happily as I'm scooping my spoon into my gluten free, vegan, low calorie, 20% less fat, tree nut free, low in lactose, light cream milk vanilla ice cream. It's topped in sprinkles, tiny licorhie twists and maltesers.

"How are you even eating that?" Nick says, pointing his spoon towards my dessert. I could say the same to his, it looks like something fucking Buddy from Elf would whip up.

I shrug, "It's good".

"If you say so".

"Yoooo don't judge, Nick" Matt tells him, slightly punching him in the side.

"I can and I did".

Chris laughs, "Yeah it does sound kinda plain no offence. But like it's healthier so that's cool bro".

"Listen, if you're going to an ICE CREAM parlour why are you getting something healthy? Like you should know when you WALK in those doors that there's gonna be heaps of sugary shit in here and candy toppings and everything. Like FUCK" Nick's mouth shits out.

Matt and Chris burst out laughing like Nick's the funniest cunt alive. And honestly he is. Damn I hate it when ya catch yourself giggling and shit when someone u hate is funny.

"So fucking trueee" Chris comments, "I had someone once ask me for a salad without dressing or anything at work just the lettuce and tomatoes. Like WHY are you in McDonald's?"

Nick looks actually raged, "Like even if you've had a long ass day and can't cook- it's like just treat yourself to a fucking Mcchicken or like just drive somewhere else".

Matt, Nick and Chris bump each other's knuckles. They've really got me thinking about the biology of triplets. Like t they come out at once? Or like day by day when each is ready? So many questions.

"ANYWAYSSSS" Nick screams out, shoving his ice cream into his mouth, "UGH literally inject this shit into my veins".

Chris and Matt both laugh at him, and I do too but like keep it very lowkey.

"You liking it?" Matt asks me, slighting bumping his arm against mine. Oh yeah, we're sitting on a booth btw, me and Matt next to each other and the other two on the opposite side.

"Yesss it's so good" I tell him. To be honest, it taste like shit but I'm not giving Nick that satisfaction.

On the topic of triplets, sorry to pull away from the story, but like do they all just show up in their mothers womb at once? Or is like a gradual thing? One shows up one week? The other two come along? I just don't understand.  I guess this is what happens when John Goldson home schools you.

"So..." Chris says, "Are you guys like on a date or something?". He's swirling his spoon in his ice cream awkwardly, not looking up.

Oh my god. ALSO on the topic of triplets, how is there room for that many babies in one stomach? Like are they just born smaller than your average baby so more fit? Anyways, that's enough of Yolly's thoughts. I don't know why I just third personed myself.

"Yeah" I simply respond after Matt looked to shy to say anything.

"Oh, cool" Chris says, nodding his head and picking a piece of brownie out of Matt's ice cream.

"Can I just say something, Yolly?" Nick cuts in.

Oh for fuck sake. I swear my hair was grown purely for him to snatch every time he opens his mouth, "Yeah?".

Matt and Chris are all quiet and shit but look worried at what Nick could possibly say.

"I thought you were into Chris, like I literally caught you two mid - about - to - kiss".

Stunned, I look to Matt and he's lookin at me like this:

Yep. Cut the cameras. End of chapter.