chapter 24 • back to mcdonalds

The Uber arrived pretty swiftly, and it beeped obnoxiously when it pulled up in-front of me. Okay, fuck! give me some time.

I sit up from the grass patch from under the tree and sit up all the while brushing my pants off.

"Hi" I say as I hop into the back seat, buckling myself in. It kinda stinks like shit in here but I don't wanna be rude, "Um, whats that smell?".

"Nothing" the Uber driver growls before speeding off down the road. Well then, I was just asking a question.

While I'm being driven to Chris's place of work aka Mcdonalds, I scroll through Instagram. My fingers pause when I realise I've got an unread message. WHO the fuck is messaging me? My dad just went to prison. Have some empathy.

I tap my dms open. Oh shit. Forgot I messaged that mother fucker.

@ louispartridge_
Hey yolly, sorry for not responding sooner. i liked you, i really did, and i really enjoyed hanging out last night , but my crush of 10 years flew in this morning and well- we're together now. so sorry yolly, I hope you and your boyfriend can make it up. would love to still be friends.
Love, Louis x

Okay? Like I care? Thanks for STEALING my first kiss you piece of shit! It should've been Christopher Sturniolo! Who is the LOVE OF MY LIFE. Not some British twerp with the smallest IMDB I've ever seen. Ugh. Whatever, I've got a boyfriend now too so I don't care.

I click on Louis's Instagram story, and it pulls up a picture of him hugging a girl, tagged is a bitch called 'Dolley '.  Whatever, enjoy dating a playboy, bitch!

Aggressively I type back,

from @yolly.goldson_
Well I have a boyfriend too now! Chris Sturniolo! Who is way hotter and funnier than you'll ever be so go suck on a fucking crumpet you british cunt!
Love, Yolly xxx

Yas, I'm a girl boss. Anyways, I should be pretty close to McDonald's by now. And before you wonder, obviously Matt or Nick aren't working tonight otherwise Chris wouldn't of invited me!

"How far are we?" I ask the Uber javaa, who I can see rolling his eyes from the car window thing. Prick.

"We're here now, idiot" he responds as we roll into the Maccas car park. Oh yeah, bitch well sorry I couldn't see the M sign from the backseat!

"Yep, cheers" I say, stepping out of the vehicle. I then watch him speed off out of the carpark, and his boot pops open. Is that a corpse? What the fuck. Someone call the cops, I would but I'm saving my phone credit for phone calls with Chris.

My feet pick up their pace excitedly as I rush into the McDonald's restaurant, and my face lights up with glee when I notice Chris serving customers. He is so handsome.

I rush up to the counter, and he sees me and grins, "Yolly!". He hands the customers their table number and they walk off.

I lean over the counter and kiss his cheek, "Thanks so much, Chris".  I smirk and pull his McDonald's hat down over his eyes.

"Hey, Lily, take over for me?" Chris asks the female worker next to him. She was from some southern state and had straight-ish brown hair. She's pretty, but she's not as pretty as me. Chris pushes his hat back up and smiles at me.