chapter 36 • ticket complications

"Wait, why exactly are you going back to LA didn't you just get back?" Chris B asks as me and Bolley load our belongings in the trunk. If you're asking where Bolley got his stuff? From the boot of his car. He's been staying in his car. Don't judge.

"We've got business to do" I inform him, stuffing my tear stained pillow (keeping it real) in between the gaps of mine and Bol's suitcases. I stand back with my hands on my hips, yeah, that should be everything packed.

"What kind of business?" Chris B pipes up as we both hop into the car, Bolley in the back seat and me in the passenger seat. Is he nosy or some shit? Like... he's hot and all but it's a private matter. Plus, he will judge me if I tell him what we're really going to do.

"Nothing" I reply simply, filing my nails in his car. What? They're bumpy and uneven and if I'm going to slap a bitch this week I want my nails to draw blood. In the most non-murdery way possible.

I hear a chip packet crinkling in the back seat, fucking Bolley found my Doritos stash. "She's going to go make sure her whacky ass half sister stays away from her ex" he tells Conrad I mean Chris B.

"Bolley!" I hiss to him, glaring at the dorito muncher in the back, and Chris B looks over at me as he's starting the car, a 'are you serious' expression painted on his face. "I'm just keeping it real! Ya know your favourite thing to say?" Bolley wolley says.

"Your sister is going after your ex?" Chris B chimes in.

"Half-sister. Only made up of the same person's sperm not egg".

Both boys look at me weirdly, like I'm just keeping it real. How else are babies made... like I'm just being scientific and biologically correct here?

"Why did you say it like that?" Chris B laughs, looking out his little window thing in his car to back out of the driveway. I'm never getting a license as long as hot guys can drive me around, why do the driving when other people can do the driving instead?

"Yeah like you could've just said yo, we only have the same dad" Bolley adds in, smacking on his cheesy corn chips so fucking loud. Don't make me crush the packet and send those little orange triangle CUNTS out the window. Sorry but my biggest PET PEEVE is loud eaters. Like shut up you fucking dinosaur. Sorry I'm a bit on edge today, and you can blame V*lley.

"Well, that's the first thing that came to my mind so I said it" I inform the both of them, now twisting open the cap of my purple nail polish. What? I'm being careful. I won't spill it.

"Yolly, are you putting nail polish on in my car?" Chris B asks me, looking over at me when he stops at traffic, "That shit stinks and stains. Please don't".

Bolley chucks a dorito at my head, "Do you MIND?" I snap at him. "Girl put that thing away" he tells me. Ugh whatever, I'll have plain ass raw nails then. I close it and put it back in my pocket and look out the window angrily, crossing my arms.

"I didn't want to upset you it's just kinda fucking stupid that's all" Chris B tells me, laughing, clearly to break this awkward tension he created. Whatever, I can't be bothered fighting. Also he could just kick us out at any second so I gotta be nice. He is also hot.

"I get it" I tell him, "I suppose you've had a nail polish accident in your car before?".

"No...?".

"Guys can we PLEASE stop off and get something to eat I'm fucking starving, my shout" Bolley cuts in.

Chris B sighs heavily like he's the father of two delinquent children, which only Bolley is because I'm literally on my best behaviour, "Your flight departs in an hour there isn't time to stop for food".