t h r e e

yay its book time chaptah 3 yo! enjoy :)))) leave lots of comments everywhere if u read this

"Wake up!" Beth shouts in my ear. I groan, looking over at my clock. I nearly choke as I see it's 8:00 already. I have to be at work at 8:30, which would be fine if it weren't for the twenty minute drive.

"Shit shit shit." I groan even louder. I scramble out of bed to my closet, leaving Beth laughing. "Why wouldn't you wake me up earlier?" I grab a nice blouse along with some light wash shorts.

"Well, first of all you may not want to wear shorts today." She laughs. I give her a look, and then grab a pair of jeans in a similar wash. "And to answer your question, I'm not your personal bitch. Set an alarm, Emma." She smiles. I throw a sock at her and she scrunches her nose up in disgust.

"For your information I did set an alarm, I just failed to wake up to it." I scoff. Beth shakes her head and throws the sock back my way.

"Good excuse. Be sure to tell that to your boss." Beth teases as I pull my jeans up. I probably look so stupid, jumping around trying to get my freaking pants on.

"Where were you last night?" I ask, buttoning my pants, then zippering. I rush to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"I went out with Claudia. I would have invited you but when I went into your room you weren't there." Beth tells me with a fake pout. I take the toothbrush out of my mouth and spit into the sink.

"Aaron got drunk and made me go to the bar. I was only gone for like thirty minutes." I explain, Beth nodding.

"Of course Aaron got drunk. What this time?" She asking with a soft chuckle.

"This time? When has he ever gotten drunk by himself in the past?" I roll my eyes, brushing my hair.

"Well there was that time where he thought you were flirting with that barista and-"

"Okay fine. But he had a good reason to get drunk this time." I say, defending my boyfriend.

"Oh really?" Beth laughs. She shakes her head with a tiny smile. I rush out of my bathroom and skip putting on any makeup for the day.

"He got fired." I say blankly, standing in front of her. Her mouth drops into an 'o' shape and I give her a look. "I'm leaving for work now. Bye." I say, rushing past her. I slip on a pair of birkenstocks, then re-evaluate my entire outfit. It's not great, but on the other hand I'm just answering phone calls all day. I quickly walk to my car, hoping the traffic isn't too bad today.

I'm parking my car in the lot at 8:46 and curse under my breath. I run into the building, almost forgetting my purse. I show my key card to the lady up front, she nods me off, then I hurry to the elevator to get to my floor.

As the elevator doors open, I breathe a sigh of relief that I'm not greeted by my boss, Julie. She's nice, but has the authority to be a complete bitch if needed.

As soon as I get to my floor, none other than Julie is standing right in front of me, arms crossed.

"Emma, you're late." Julie states, unpleased. She has a blank look on her face, completely opposite than my terrified one.

"I know, I'm so sorry. It won't happen again." I apologize. I'm not very good at confrontation, whether it be someone confronting me or the other way around.

"Emma, you do know that are only few paid internships that we offer here. You were lucky enough to receive one, but it's not a right. It's a privilege and will be taken away if you do not meet our expectations." Julie nags. I roll my eyes in my head, but nod.