t w e n t y

long chapter!! get excited

--

When I see my phone vibrating with Samantha's name on the screen, I instantly smile. I hurry over to pick up the phone, hoping she has good news.

"Emma?" She asks sounding pretty cheerful.

"Yeah, hi."

"Hey! Okay so first of all I'm so sorry I didn't call! I lost my phone and had to buy a new one and it took forever for all my contacts to load." She explains, and a wave of relief washes over me. I was taking it personally that she wasn't even calling me to tell me no.

"Don't worry about it. It's fine." I tell her, and she sighs, happily?

"Alright, well I talked to my manager and she's totally into having you work here. She wants to have an interview but my guess is that you have the job." She tells me, laughing.

"Why do you think I have the job?" I ask her, just out of curiosity.

"Well I don't really know if I was supposed to repeat this, but she said that it'll attract a ton of new buyers. Way to not tell me you were dating Harry Styles, Emma!"

Once she says this I want to slam my head against the wall. It's going to be way harder to get a job because I didn't realize two things. One being that a shit ton of people would surround my workplace just trying to get closer to Harry. Two, all job offers I could ever get may be connected to the fact that I'm dating a celebrity.

"Yeah," I trail off, chuckling lightly. I'm pissed but there's nothing I can do about it. I'm just not quite sure how I'm going to make any money for myself.

"So do you want me to text you when Peggy is available to meet?" She asks me. I assume Peggy is the manager, and I may as well go in for the interview.

"Yeah that'd be great. Thanks for calling!" I fake a happy voice, and quickly finish up the call with Samantha. I immediately open the messaging app and send a text to Lottie.

Me: hey!!

I'm not going to bombard her with questions until she responds, so I throw my phone down onto the bed and decide to put on some clothes. It's ten in the morning, and for the past hour I've been watching Netflix in my bed. As I rummage through my closet, I hear the chirp of my phone and check to see if it's Lottie, which it is.

Lottie: hi!!

Lottie: you missed a good time last night!

Me: i bet.. i had to go to my moms house :(

Lottie: another time !

Lottie: so what's up?

Me: i have a few questions

Lottie: ask away

Me: i have no clue how im going to make money. i can't have a job too public because fans will just show up looking for harry

Me: + they might just be hiring me because im dating him :(

Lottie: im sorry babe

Lottie: im not quite sure what to tell you though

Me: do you know what the other boys' girlfriends did?

Lottie: modeling..

Me: oh

Lottie: trust me you're more beautiful than half the models out there, but it's not such a great business