f o u r t y - t h r e e

READ THIS!
i started a new story called ethereal ! i love it very much and would love if you would all go check it out! i have a lot of motivation to write so expect many updates in it.

--

"I want that child." I tell Harry, gawking over how cute Annie is from This Is Us. We started watching it today, and were already on the fifth episode. Harry looks at me for a second, and I instantly regret bringing up the whole kid thing.

We decided we'd spend the day together just relaxing before we found out anything. It's been good so far, and Harry's been amazing.

He looks like he's about to say something, and I can only assume it's going to be him asking me to take the test.

"When do you want kids?" He asks, leaning back a bit more into the pillow. He pauses the show on his laptop and looks at me intently. "In a perfect world, what's your timeline?" He clarifies.

I look at him for a second and think. "I always wanted to be married around twenty six, and kids at like twenty eight."

"Is that still what you want?"

"I don't know." I sigh, lying my head down on the pillow. "I know I want to be married first, married couples with kids have better chances of staying together than unmarried couples."

"I always wanted to be married first but now I feel like everyone's skipping that step." He says.

"You know like two people who did that, Harry. Liam and Louis aren't everyone." I tease, and he rolls his eyes.

"I still can't believe they both have babies. That's fucking insane." Harry says, staring up at the ceiling.

"Harry,"

"Hm?"

"I really don't want to be pregnant." I say quietly, and he turns his head to look at me. "And I'm really fucking scared."

"Em,"

"There's nothing you can say that will make me feel better about this. I love you so much and hopefully one day it'll be the right time and maybe we will have a baby but I can't do that right now, I really can't." I sigh, biting the inside of my lip.

"Just one baby? I was thinking we'd have four. Two of each." He chuckles, trying to make me laugh. I smile but I know he can tell i'm still scared out of my mind. I don't say anything, and he places his hand on my wrist moving it gently up and down. "Emma, if you are pregnant and you really don't want this you can have an abortion. I'm by your side either way, it's your choice, you know. I'd never hold that against you."

Why is he amazing. I want to tell him how perfect and incredible he is but I'm too fucking stressed to not just think about myself.

"I would end up holding it against myself. I'd always wonder about him or her and if it would look like me or you and-" I take a deep breath. "What if we don't stay together, all I'm gonna be thinking about is-"

"Shh, Emma don't. Don't think about that, okay? We don't even know if you're pregnant. Why don't you just take the test? We'll make an appointment at the doctors just to make sure too, yeah?"

I nod my head quietly and get up out of bed to grab the test. I make my way to the bathroom, do my business and wait.

"Done yet?" Harry shouts from the bed.

"No, come in though." I shout back. I hear the comforter move and then his steps coming towards the bathroom. I'm standing in front of the sink, and Harry comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He presses a kiss to my neck, and then another a bit higher up. "Any second now."