t w e n t y - o n e

short chapter! enjoy babes

--

"Harry what's going on?" I ask him, and his eyes don't leave the road.

"You tell me."

-

"Excuse me?" I ask him, raising a brow. He shakes his head and continues driving. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know I want you to be able to tell me things." He says with a clenched jaw. His stare stays on the road, refusing to make any eye contact with me at all.

"Harry what are you talking about?"

"You just met Niall. I don't get how you're telling him all this shit you're not telling me." His face get's a little flushed, and honestly I'm surprised. I have no idea how he knows what I'm talking to Niall about, but I'm more confused about why he cares.

"I'm just friends with him, Harry. What's going on?" I ask, knowing that he's not super mad about me talking to Niall. It's something else.

"I just told you."

"No you didn't. Pull over." I demand, and he scoffs. He doesn't pull over, and I roll my eyes before repeating myself. "Pull over, Harry."

He sighs before pulling over and putting the car in park.

"I know this isn't about me talking to Niall. You told me yourself you wanted to me to be friends with the boys, plus, Niall's your best friend Harry." I rant, and he smacks his lips together. "So why are you all pissy? You know Niall would never do anything to hurt you. I'd never do anything to hurt you."

He sighs, tapping the steering wheel. "It's just, everytime I start a new relationship, there's someone better." He mumbles. I can barely hear what he says, but the anger in his face has turned to sadness, and it makes me sad.

"There's what?" I ask, wanting him to clarify. He chews on the bottom of his lip for a second before continuing.

"Someone better."

"What does that even me-"

"Someone better comes along, and then I'm single again." He sighs, mumbling again but I can hear him this time. I give him a sympathetic look, not really knowing what to say. I remember back to golfing when Niall told me Harry was very sensitive, but I haven't really seen that side until now.

"Harry, you are my someone better." I smile lightly. He looks up at me, still chewing on his lip. "I was with Aaron when we met. He was a pig, and you were my someone better. I would never ever make you feel like I did when Aaron cheated on me, Harry."

Harry smiles faintly, and sighs again. "Well now I feel like an idiot." I laugh lightly, and he looks back at me. "C'mere." He chuckles, placing his hands around my neck and pulling me in to connect our lips. He then kisses my forehead, and returns back to his seat.

"And the only reason I was talking to Niall was because-"

"No, you don't need to tell me, Emma. I was overreacting." He says, putting the car in drive and getting out of our spot.

"No, I do. I was going to, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings." When I say this, he gives me a confused look, and then moves his eyes back to the road. "It's not even that big of a deal, but I haven't been able to find a job."

"Didn't you get an interview for the clothing store?"

"Yeah but what if your fans find out I work there and come looking for you?" I ask, biting my lip lightly. He sighs and nods his head slowly. "Maybe I'll just take it and work in the back or something."