s i x

I LOVE THIS GIF. intense chapter. get excited!! comment and vote cause you're all baes. comment "popsicle" if you see this and ill dedicate the next to you!!

"I think Aaron's here." Beth says, looking at the window next to our door. I get up from the table to open the door, to a half smiling Aaron.

"Hey." He greets. It doesn't feel much like a greeting because he's in a terrible mood obviously, but I'll take it.

"C'mon." I say, grabbing his hand, leading us to my room. He stumbles a bit, which makes me mad because I know he's drunk.

We walk into my room and I close the door behind us, sitting us down on my bed. "Can you tell me why you've been drinking so much?" I ask sympathetically.

"I've been drinking as much as I normally do. It's not like you don't drink a lot either." He protests, smiling.

"Aaron... I don't drink a lot and you know that." I tell him with doubt in my voice.

"Right sorry." He mumbles, rubbing his eyes. "Do you wanna go out for dinner or something?"

"Yeah sure." I smile, getting up. Aaron follows me as we walk out back to his car. "You sure you can drive?" I ask.

"I only had like one beer, I'm fine." He says, opening the door to the driver's seat and getting in. I open the passenger door and sit inside. Aaron starts driving almost as soon as I close the door, which freaks me out a little.

We sit in silence, which gives me time to think. I know I love Aaron and I know he's been drinking a lot lately because he was let off, but that's not a reason I can just break up with him. When I was younger I promised myself to be the type of person who sticks through the rough patches in order to make room for the good patches, which is exactly the situation I'm in now.

We quickly arrive to a little diner, and I hope out of the car. We're seated at a red booth, and I'm instantly in love with this restaurant. It's got a 50's theme to it and it's very authentic. I tell myself to order a cheeseburger and shake for the sake of the diner, even though I haven't even gotten the menu.

"You want some tea? I know it's your favorite." Aaron grins, and I tilt my head in confusion.

"I drink coffee, not tea." I tell him, clearing my throat. He replies with an "oh" and then mumbles something I can't hear as he looks down at his feet. I get a little nervous and begin to play with my fingers, because Aaron knows I don't drink tea. It's a little thing that can easily be forgotten, but Aaron's been with me enough mornings to know that I hate tea.

"What are you gonna order?" Aaron asks while looking through the menu.

"Probably just a cheeseburger. How about you?" I move around in my seat a little, trying not to stick to the booth. It's a pretty hot day and the sun is not agreeing with me.

"I'll just get a cheeseburger too I guess." He closes the menu, placing it on the table. A waitress comes by to take our drink orders, and I happily order the chocolate milkshake. I see Aaron check out her butt as she walks away, which is something he doesn't normally do. It annoys me, but I know that boys aren't just gonna stop seeing other girls in a sexual way because they're dating someone.

"I think I might be promoted soon!" I state cheerfully, trying to start a conversation.

"I thought you were just an intern though." He says, tracing the pattern of the tablecloth with his finger.

"Exactly." I smile proudly. "One of the assistants was out sick today so I got to try out her job." I really hope Julie promotes me because a lot of the interns get fired at the end of the most year.