f o u r

ayyyeeeee thanks for pressing on this chapter it's a goodish one?? attached is a picture of who i picture emma as, the beautiful bridget satterlee. she's extreme goals. okay enjoy the chapter!!

I finish the last of my grilled cheese, homemade. Beth ate dinner before me, so I just made some for myself. Beth and Claudia run through the door laughing, then they see me.

"We're going clubbing and you are coming with!" Claudia laughs, poking Beth. I smirk at their cliche personalities of 21 year olds.

"I'll pass." I tell Claudia, with a smile. Claudia rolls her eyes and Beth laughs.

"See, I told you she wouldn't come." Beth scoffs. I'm not sure if she's trying to get me to come by saying that, but it ticks me off anyways. Why would Beth say I wouldn't want to go? I didn't party too much in college, but I had my fair share.

"Come on Emmie! Just one night. I think Rachel's coming too." Claudia begs. Rachel is another one of our friends from UCLA. She's a year older and in law school. She's a total study freak so it surprises me that she's coming.

"Fine, I'll go." I sigh, putting my dish into the sink. Beth and Claudia exchange a clap, and now I realize it was all part of their pretend I was too wimpy for a party, and I roll my eyes. "But only because I haven't seen Rachel since your birthday." I say, pointing to Claudia.

"Alright, well go get in something sexy! It's a girls night." Claudia cheers.

"You know, I still have a boyfriend." I protest, and Beth laughs.

"Who, alcoholic Aaron?" Beth snickers. How many things start with the letter A that she can keep doing this.

"Shut up or else I'm not going." I warn her. Beth laughs, but doesn't apologize.

I walk over to my room to get dressed. I don't have too many party outfits, so I walk over to Beth's room to see if I can borrow hers. I'm more curvy than Beth, so if I borrow something it's probably going to be a very tight fit.

I know three times on the open door so Beth turns her attention to me. "Can I borrow a dress?" I ask, looking around the room for Claudia. I spot her in a tight black dress, most likely Beth's. Claudia and Beth have almost the same exact figure, it's scary.

"Sure." She says, trailing the e. "Here, this will look really good on you." Beth smiles, handing me the dress. "You better not be on your period." She warns, smiling. The dress is white with black outlining the v-neck and waist line.

"I'm not, and thank you." I smile, taking the dress from her hands. The fabric is soft and stretchy, which will make it easier to fit. I walk back to my room to try the dress on, and it fits nicely. It stretched out to fit, it's a little on the short side but overall it looked good. I've got a lot of cleavage in this dress because of the v-neck, which makes me a little self conscious.

"Emma! Let me do your makeup!" Claudia calls from Beth's room. I sigh, laughing a little at Claudia's obsession with makeup. I walk back over to Beth's room and into the bathroom, seeing an excited Claudia.

"I think we should do a smokey eye, agreed?" Claudia asks while evaluating my face. She picks out a pallette and a few brushes.

"You can paint my face however you'd like." I smile, Claudia clapping.

"Ooh, we're gonna have so much fun!" She laughs, picking out more makeup that I don't know the name of.

Twenty minutes and four different concealers later, Claudia's finished. I look in the mirror and for a second, don't recognize myself. Yes, I wear makeup daily, but just the basic concealer, lipgloss and occasional mascara. I see grey eyelids in the mirror that go nicely with the natural lipstick color. My cheeks are bronzed with a dash of blush. I don't look natural whatsoever, but I like it.