Panic Attack [Charles Leclerc]

Y/N was really beginning to regret telling Charles to head on without her, but she knew that he had to get to the Ferrari garage as soon as possible to talk to his race engineer about the upcoming weekend in Brazil. As soon as Y/N had stepped out of the car at the paddock entrance, the media were on her like hounds. They encircled her, restricting her ability to manoeuvre to towards to turnstiles. She could feel herself begin to panic as no matter what she could do, it seemed as though they just got closer and closer and closer to her.

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" She could barely hear her own voice above those of the reporters. Y/N could feel her breath becoming more laboured, her heart was beating faster and faster. She needed to get through and into the safety of the paddock as soon as possible. It would be less than ideal for pictures of her to be shared across social media of her panicking and crying, yet as much as she tried to calm herself down, it was to no avail. She could feel tears begin to flow down her cheeks and she quickly ducked her head and wiped her cheeks, her hands were shaking, and she pleaded again for her to be let through.

It seemed that someone had answered her pleas as she saw the familiar Ferrari coat and a stray head reaching through the crowd and without a doubt in her mind, she latched onto the hand and allowed it to pull her through the crowd. It was Charles. The one person she was so happy to see. He wrapped his arm around her and put his hat on top of her head in an effort to hide her tears from the wandering eyes of the public. Dragging her through the garage and into his driver's room, Charles stopped in front of her and simply hugged Y/N as she released a few choked sobs and wrapped her arms tightly around him as if she was scared he would disappear if she let go.

"Shh ... shh, it's okay." Charles kissed her head and cradled her into his chest as he rocked side to side. "You need to calm down." Y/N's felt her heart begin to beat faster and she could feel herself breathing heavier and faster, it seemed as though her body did the exact opposite of what Charles was trying to tell her to do. She held on tighter to Charles, being somewhat comforted by his presence. Y/N could feel a raising pressure in her skull, she stepped out of Charles' embrace and held her head in her hands trying to relieve herself of the pain.

"My head ... it hurts." She sobbed.

"Breathe, Y/N, you need to breathe." Charles pleaded, grabbing onto her shoulders, his hands rose from her shoulders to hold onto her face as his thumbs caressed her cheeks, wiping her tears away. His hands brushed her hair away from her face in an effort to get her to look him in the eyes. Y/N had reached a point where her tears had stopped and now, she was just hyperventilating.

"I-I can't. I-" She stuttered.

As a last resort, Charles pressed his lips to hers with a sense of urgency. It was as if the kiss had pressed a reset button. All her previous thoughts evaporated from her mind and finally she felt calmer. Y/N pulled out of his embrace, his lips were swollen from the hard kiss, and in one swooping movement, Y/N slapped him across the face.

"What the fuck, Y/N?" He exclaimed stepping back from her and bringing his hand to his face. Y/N stared at him, a quivering hand touching her lips as her eyes flickered between his now red cheek and his lips. Without a second thought, Y/N stepped forward and crashed her lips back against his. Charles reacted instantly. His hands moved from his face to her waist as he brought her closer to his body. He backed up, not lessening the kiss in any way, and found the settee. Y/N straddled him as he sat down. Her hands trailed his chest, fiddling with the buttons on his Ferrari team polo shirt before reconnecting with each other behind his neck as she pulled herself impossibly closer.

Just as Y/N was about to further her pursuit of a deeper kiss, a knock sounded from the door. With lightning pace, Y/N jumped apart from Charles and settled beside him on the settee, just in time as Andrea appeared in the doorway.

"Ready for warm up? Practice starts in half an hour." He said and Charles quickly responded saying he'd meet him outside in 5 minutes and with a knowing glint in his eye, Andrea left. Charles glanced down at Y/N, who was now leaning her head on Charles chest. She lifted her head as the door shut, Charles gave her one last kiss before standing up.

"Are you ok?" He eyed her, making sure she wouldn't lie to him and a smile appeared on his face when she nodded. "Good. I have to warm up, but you can wait with Mia and Britta in the garage. I love you." Y/N stepped into his arms and squeezed him tightly, kissing his cheek before allowing him to leave for warm up.

" Y/N stepped into his arms and squeezed him tightly, kissing his cheek before allowing him to leave for warm up