Secretly Dating [Max Verstappen]

AshleyDorina

***
There were far more positives than negatives to being in a relationship with Max Verstappen, but by far the biggest negative was the to everyone else, there wasn't a relationship. To their knowledge, Max Verstappen was single and wasn't in a relationship of nearly 4 months with Y/N Y/L/N. Thankfully, due to Y/N's close friendship with Alex Albon, not many people got suspicious when she hung around the Red Bull garage during race weekends. It also allowed her to sneak off to Max's driver room before and after races for some much needed time together.

Everything was perfectly fine. The summer break was fast approaching and Max and Y/N were going to spend it in Monaco for some much needed rest and relaxation, Y/N had already prepared her excuse that she'd tell everyone; she was doing an internship, she decided to keep the detail short and sweet as that way there'd be less chance of her being found out. Everything was perfectly fine until Alex approached her and said she was invited to spend the break with him and a few other drivers (Max included), and so her plan never came to fruition. She accepted his offer nonetheless because if Max was going then surely there'd be time for them to sneak away.

Fast forward to now, the holiday had been amazing thus far and currently they were all sat in the living room, beers in hand and watching a football match between two teams that Y/N couldn't care less about. How could she when Max was sitting so close yet so far away. All she wanted to do was snog and cuddle the life out of him.

"Right, I'm away to bed." Y/N announced drawing the attention of the boys away from the screen to her. The boys nodded absentmindedly and wished her goodnight before redirecting their attention back to the screen, except for Max whose gaze remained focused on her. Y/N raised her eyebrow and nodded slightly in the direction of their bedrooms, Max opened his mouth to answer, but a stern look from Y/N stopped him in his tracks, and he simply nodded in response.

Y/N had been laying on Max's bed for almost ten minutes when he stumbled through the door. "What took you so long?" Y/N immediately asked. Max raised his hands in defence.

"I thought we were meeting in your room and then I went to the bathroom." Y/N lifted her head to reply, but Max cut her off by pressing his lips to hers and kissing her. His lips were soft for just a moment, then urgent, then soft once again, full of love. Max moved further up the bed, flipping us over so that I was on top of him. Y/N's fingers tugged at his hair before she traced them down his neck towards his collar bones, feeling the goosebumps erupt across his skin. Thoughts encompassed Y/N's mind, 'We should stop, we can't do this with the boys downstairs', but they were put on the back burner as Max crushed his lips against hers, she felt her head spin with adrenaline.

Until the door bursts open and three boys tumble into the room. Y/N and Max separated frantically, moving to opposite sides of the bed, eyes wide as they see who has discovered them. They stood in the doorway with accusatory fingers pointed at them, "I knew it!" Lando exclaimed, "I knew it wasn't a coincidence that Y/N and Max always vanished before races." A blush erupted on Y/N's cheeks while Max simply smirked in return. "Are you two dating?" Lando continued to ask and Y/N nodded, still feeling somewhat embarrassed.

"Nearly four months." Alex mouth dropped at the relevation.

"How did I not know? I should've known it was suspicious that all of a sudden you wanted to come to every race weekend. I'm hurt, Y/N, really hurt." He teased, pretending to be hurt by placing a hand over his heart.

"Oh, get over it."

"I'll get over it about as fast as Max following you up the stairs." He laughed

"Super-fast then ... or some would say, Super Max style." Lando smiled with a laugh.

"Mate, just don't." Max shook his head in despair at the comments, pulling Y/N closer into his chest as the boys continued to tease them relentlessly.