Diary Entry 14

September 2, 2018

Dear Diary,

These days have been a struggle, filled with inner turmoil and conflicting emotions. I find myself completely avoiding Taehyung, trying to protect my heart from the pain of unrequited love. It's not easy, but I feel like it's the only way to preserve what little remains of my shattered heart.

Whenever Taehyung comes to talk to me, I walk away as if I suddenly remembered something important or pretend to be engrossed in a phone call. I can see the confusion and sadness in his eyes every time I do this, and it pains me to hurt him. But I have no other option.

I keep reminding myself that we are just friends, nothing more, and that my feelings are one-sided. Yet, I can't help but wonder why his desperate attempts to talk to me affect him so much. I wish I could be the friend he needs, but my heart can't handle the closeness, the intensity of my emotions.

It's a painful dance, trying to protect myself while trying not to hurt Taehyung in the process. But the more I try to push him away, the more I miss him. His cute blabbering, his infectious laughter, the way he makes my days brighter – I miss it all.

My days have become dull and boring, and my nights are sleep-deprived. Thoughts of Taehyung keep me awake, wondering if he's hurting because of my cold behavior. I hate that my actions are causing him sadness, but I don't know how to change this situation.

I wish I had the courage to tell him how I feel, to explain why I'm keeping my distance. But the fear of rejection and the potential damage it could cause to our friendship hold me back. I don't want to lose Taehyung completely, but I also can't bear the pain of being so close yet so far from what I desire.

I hope that with time, these feelings will fade, and I can find a way to be just friends with Taehyung without the weight of unrequited love on my shoulders. Until then, I'll continue to protect my heart, even though it feels like I'm missing out on something beautiful.

With a heavy heart and a longing for a different reality,

Jungkook