Diary entry 42

August 6, 2019

Dear Diary,

The world seems so cruel and uncertain, and my heart is heavy with the weight of my fears. Two days have passed since I received that dreaded call from the hospital, and my life has been turned upside down.

As I sit here on this dark night, my tears fall uncontrollably onto this page, my emotions too overwhelming to contain. Taehyung is peacefully sleeping beside me, and I find myself wishing I could shield him from the pain that I now carry in my heart.

The reports have confirmed that my heart condition is deteriorating rapidly, and my dreams and hopes have shattered like fragile glass. The heart that beats so strongly with love for Taehyung is slowly losing its strength, becoming weak with every passing moment.

I don't know what to do next. How do I tell Taehyung about this? How do I watch him break down when he learns that I'm dying? The thought of him crying, going crazy with grief, terrifies me. I vowed to him on our wedding day that I'd never let his beautiful eyes shed a tear, but now I fear I'll be the cause of a lifetime of misery for him.

I'm not ready to leave this beautiful world, to say goodbye to the love and happiness I've found with Taehyung. We have only just begun our journey together, and I yearn to create more cherished memories, to hold him in my arms for years to come. But fate seems to be playing a cruel hand, and I dread the thought of breaking Taehyung's heart.

The doctors are searching for heart donors, contacting hospitals in the hope of finding a match, but there are no guarantees. My health is worsening, and I can feel the life slipping away from me. I don't want to fall into the silence of death; I want to live, to hold Taehyung, protect him, and love him for many more years.

The night is dark and silent. Taehyung sleeps peacefully beside me, and my heart aches knowing that I may not have the chance to hold him in my arms for much longer. I'm scared, Diary, and I wish for a miracle, for this to be just a nightmare that will fade away with the dawn.

The doctor has mentioned the possibility of a heart transplant, and for a moment, a flicker of hope ignited within me. He said medication won't help for long but transplant is still an option. There is a possibility But it's accompanied by the dread of not knowing if we will find a donor in time. My heart sinks at the uncertainty that lies ahead.

The days are passing in a blur of anxiety and fear, and my health seems to worsen with every heartbeat. I feel weak and weary, but I can't rest. The thought of losing Taehyung, of not being able to share a lifetime of love and happiness with him, fills me with despair.

I can't bear the thought of leaving Taehyung, of not being able to cherish him every day. Can you promise me one thing, Diary....will you stay with my Taehyung if something happens to me, to remind him of the love we shared and will continue to share even beyond death.....please!

Just stay with hin and tell him everyday how much I love him.

I apologize in advance to you. I can't come back to you as often as I'd like. I want to spend every moment with Taehyung, to make the most of the time we have left together. I need to smile for him, to be strong for him, even though my heart is breaking inside.

I pray to God for a miracle, for a chance to continue loving Taehyung with all my heart. Please, let this nightmare end, and let me wake up to a brighter day. Until then, I will hold onto hope, and cherish every precious moment with my beloved Taehyung.

I must go now; I need some time to gather myself and find the right words to tell him. Until then, I'll keep praying for that miracle.

With a heavy heart and trembling hands,

Jungkook