Broken Dams!

As Taehyung sat in their cozy bedroom, holding Jungkook's old diary in his trembling hands, the drizzle outside had slowed down, mirroring the calm façade he was trying to maintain. But within him, a storm of emotions was raging, threatening to break through the barriers he had built to protect himself from the pain.

With tears streaming down his cheeks, Taehyung read through the pages filled with Jungkook's hopes, dreams, and the devastating truth of his illness. Each word felt like a stab to his heart, as he relived the moments they had shared together. The beautiful memories of them falling in love, getting married, their vacations, the laughter they had shared, and the profound love they had for each other felt like bittersweet reminders of the happiness they had lost.

Taehyung's heart shattered even more when he read about Jungkook's desperation to keep his pain hidden, his determination to make the most of their time together, and the guilt he felt for lying to Taehyung. Now when Taehyung remember the time Jungkook was lying to him all that time saying he was just having migraines, he didn't know how his husband was protecting him from pain even when he was struggling with his emotions.

His agonising cries slowly subsided into timely sobs and hiccups but he still couldn't shake Jungkook's hopeless cries for his husband when he would have came back from the hospital the day he got to know about his disease.

Jungkook must have cried.

He must have looked around for something that could give him peace.

He must have searched for something that can calm him down.

And Taehyung was not there. He was in his office working and laughing with his colleagues.

Jungkook's voice calling Taehyung desperately still echoed in the silence of the apartment making the black haired boy break down again.

His Jungkook needed him.

His husband wanted to cry in his embrace and Taehyung wasn't there.

Only if he could go back in time and hold his husband to his chest. Taehyung knew he couldn't change the fate but he could have lessened Jungkook's sufferings by staying with him all those days when his husband was fighting with his emotions.

But time listens to no one.

The love within him that he couldn't pour on his husband had took the form of grief and he was thrashing to bring back Jungkook.

As the rain outside subsided, Taehyung felt like his own emotions were surging even stronger. He wanted to scream, to cry, to rewind time and change their fate. He wished he could have held Jungkook's hand during those hard days, whispered words of love and comfort, and told him that he would always be there for him. But now, all he had were these heartbreaking words written in the diary, a window into Jungkook's soul that he had never seen before.

He looked around the room with his blurred eyes, the same place where they had spent countless moments together, making beautiful memories. The happy moments they lived in that room were moving in front of his eyes like some movie. But now, it felt empty, like a part of him was missing. Taehyung clutched the diary close to his chest, as if trying to hold on to the last remnants of Jungkook's presence.

Taehyung knew that he had never truly moved on from Jungkook's death. He had masked his pain, his heartache, and had tried to be strong for everyone else. But now, with the weight of so many moments where Jungkook was suffering alone lay bare before him, he couldn't hold back anymore.

The storm within him was soaring high, and the tears that had been held back for so long finally flowed freely. Taehyung sobbed uncontrollably, his heart aching for the love he had lost, for the moments they would never get to share again. He cried for his love, he pleaded universe to give his Jungkook back to him but he knew all of it was futile.