Chapter Eighteen

I'm laying on my bed, doing homework and watching a movie when my phone rings. I answer it without looking at caller ID, "Hello?"

"Hey, Mo," Colton says.

"What are you? A damn stalker? How the hell did you even get my phone number?"

"You gave it to me. You were all like, 'Ah...oh, Colton...here's my number...you should call me...'" he says.

"I'm two seconds away from hanging up on your perverted ass. What do you want?" I ask him. He laughs softly.

"I was thinking that I should come over-"

"Nope! You're not coming over to my house for sex of all-"

"-to your house for a study session. You know, since we have that huge test coming up in Bio. And you say that I have a dirty mind," Colton says. He's chuckling into the phone. My cheeks are only kind of red.

"Oh, um..." I try to think of something to say. It's 3:30 on Friday and my only plans were homework and watching a bunch of Melissa McCarthy movies. School got out about an hour ago. "I'm busy for the rest of today...but maybe later."

"Oh, my God. Are you watching Identity Thief?" he says. Damn, he must have heard it from my TV.

"Umm, no," I say.

"You're a liar! You're at the part right now where Jason Bateman just hit Melissa McCarthy with the guitar," Colton says. "You know, right after she made a remark about his kids and wife." Damn, I guess I'm busted.

"I have plans later," I tell him.

"Really? I'm only asking for a study session, I'm not trying to get into your pants," he says. I frown.

"My mom's home, so you're not coming here. Where do you live?" I say. I shut my laptop and shove it into my backpack with my Biology book and some pens and notebooks. I grab my sweatshirt and my keys.

"Uhh...you wanna go to my house?" he asks. I shut my door.

"Yeah, you dumbass. You're sure as hell not coming to mine. What's your address?" I run down the steps. "Mom! I'm going out!" I yell.

"You see the thing is...um...," he says.

"What?" I ask. I pass mom in the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" she asks me. I cover the mic on my earbuds.

"To go out and do heroin and then get pregnant," I say.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that," she says. I roll my eyes. "And I'll ask you again: Where are you going?"

"I'm going out, like I said," I say. I slam the door and walk to my car.

I hear Colton cough over the phone. "You and your mom really go at it, huh?" Colton says.

"Yeah," I say as I start my car. "Give me your address already."

"Yeah, but the only thing is...uh, you know how you live in a big house cuz your parents are rich? Well my place is uh, a lot smaller-"

"I don't give a damn about how big your house is. But I do care about the fact that if I go back to my house, my mom is gonna fucking give me a lecture. So, what's your address?" I say. I pull out of the driveway, just in time to see my mom run out and yell something. I smirk.

"You know the apartment building on Asylum avenue and 13th street? Well my apartment's 6C," he says.

"Okay, on my way. See ya," I say. Fifteen minutes later I pull up to his apartment building. I park my car and walk up to the buzzer. There's a thing on the wall with a number to punch in for the person. Samson is 123. I shrug and punch that in.

"Hello?" a female voice asks.

"Uh, hi. Is Colton there?" I ask.

"Yeah, but who are you?" she asks.

"I'm Andy, his-"

"Oh, my God! You're Andy! He talks so much about you! I'll buzz you in," she says.

"Um, thanks," I say. I hear the buzzer and then the door unlocks. I push through it and walk through the lobby to the elevator, talking it up to the sixth floor. I get off and walk to apartment 6C, like Colton said. I knock on the door. The woman I'm presuming to be his mom opens the door.

"Hi! I'm Alex, Colton's mom," she says and hugs me. There's something about her that makes me hug her back.

"Hi," I say. She has rich, auburn hair and Colton's green eyes. She looks way too young to be his mom.

"Colton! Your girlfriend's here!" she yells. Colton skids into the living room.

"Ma! I told you, she's not my girlfriend," he says. I smirk.

"Well, she's the first girl you've ever brought home," she says. His cheeks reden. "Anyways, you two kids have fun. I'm gonna go take a nap. Wake me up at eight forty-five sharp, Colton James Samson!" she says. She leaves.

"Well, um..I can give you a tour?" Colton says. I nod. "So, here's the living room," he says. There's a couch and a TV and then connected to the small kitchen is a floating island that works as the dining table with a high bench underneath it. Then there's a narrow hallway that has a bathroom to the left and two bedrooms to the right. He leads me into his room. "Yeah, so that's the tour. Our apartment is um...small," he says. He straddles his desk chair backwards.

"No, no, it's nice. My house is empty, and creepy as shit, and lonely. I like your apartment," I tell him. I sit down on his bed. "Okay, so where do you wanna start?" I ask him. He shrugs.

"I dunno. Maybe with you taking of your shirt," Colton says.

"You're a pervert," I tell him. He shrugs.

"It's not that often that you see 34DD's, you know," he tells me. My lip turns down in disgust.

"How the fuck do you know my bra size? Did you go through my shit? You did! Didn't you!" I yell. He just smirks. "Fine, why don't we start on chapter seven of our Bio books?" I say. He shrugs and leans back in his chair.

"What do you wanna watch? We could The Shallows...or The Heat, or maybe Silence of the Lambs...or I'd even go for Final GirI," he says.

"We're going to study," I tell him. He laughs.

"So, what'll it be? I'm leaning, personally, for The Shallows, but, whatever you want," he says.

"Studying. We're going to be studying," I say slowly.

"Or, we can watch a movie and study," he says.

"Fine, but you have to study," I say as I grab my book. "And I'm not staying for dinner."