Chapter Fifty-Eight

Did I hear him right? Because I think Colton just said that he loved me. I open my mouth but before I can say anything he's kissing me.

I don't know how I feel about him. And I don't know what to say. So I kiss him back I wrap my arms around his neck and his hands slide to my waist. I'm trying to feel that spark. Trying to see if my head spins.

But nothing happens.

Colton pulls away, smiling. Oh, God. I have to get out of here. I push past Colton and run down the stairs. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Colton loves me and I don't know how to feel. I push through people.

"Hey Violet," I say. I'm kind of friends with Violet. It's more distant now.

"Hey, Andy. What's up?" she says.

"Not much. You should've been Prom Queen, you know that?" I say. She smiles.

"I know! I don't know how Madison got it," she says.

"Riiight," I say. "So anyways, I kinda need a favor. Do you know anyone that's not drunk and can give me a ride home?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah. I can do it. I don't drink anymore," she says.

"Oh, my God! Thank you so much!" I say. I see Colton rounding the corner. "Can we go? I really need to get home."

"Of course," Violet says. We walk out of the house to her car. I look behind me and don't see Colton. We get in her car and she starts driving. "You still live in the same place?" she asks.

"My parents do. I'm not staying with them right now," I say. I give her Greyson's address.

"Was Greyson your date?" she asks.

"Yeah. But we're not together," I say. "You know Bryce?" I ask. I'm not sure why.

"Kinda. We're friends through friends," she tells me.

"Yeah? What do you think about him?" I ask.

"He's cool, I guess. Intense, kind of standoffish. But he's also super hot," she says. I smile and nod. That sounds like Bryce. "What? Are you into him or something?" Violet asks. I shrug.

"Yeah," I say. I like Bryce way more than I should. "You seeing anyone?" I ask.

"Kind of. It's a secret," she says.

"You can tell me," I say. She bites her lip and sighs.

"No one know and you can't tell anyone," Violet says. I nod. "I've been seeing Stephanie Silver for the past year." She looks at me nervously.

"Good for you, Violet. Stephanie seems nice. And you seem happier now," I tell her. She releases a breath.

"Thank you," she says. She pulls up in front of Greyson's house. "I know we're not really close anymore, but you can always stay with us." I smile and she smiles back.

"I might take you up on that. Thanks for the ride, Violet," I say. I get out of the car.

"Bye," she says. I shut the door and wave. She drives away. I pull out my phone and text Greyson: Can you let me in?

My phone buzzes: Yeah.

The door opens and Greyson smirks. "Where did you end up?" he asks.

"It's a long story," I whisper as we walk upstairs. "Did you get lucky?"

"A gentleman never tells," he whispers back to me. "Did you and Blondie make up?"

"I think so," I tell him. He walks me to my room. "I'll tell you about it in the morning."

"Night," Greyson says.

"Night," I say. I walk into the room and shut the door. I sigh and slip out of my dress. I hang it up and slip on a bra and one of Bryce's shirts. I pull the pins out of my hair and fall back onto the bed.

Colton loves me and I don't know what to tell him. I don't know how I feel about him. Oh, God. Oh, fucking God.

And Bryce. We're kind of together and it feels so right, but Colton. He's what broke us up in the first place and I kissed him back. But it felt different this time. Whatever I used to feel when I kissed Colton is gone. I grab my phone and shove my earbuds in. I need to clear my head.

My eyes shut and I fall into a shallow sleep.

I toss and then for most of the night. I wake up at seven and can't fall back asleep. I sigh and sit up, rubbing my eyes. I know what I have to do. I grab my phone and call him.

"Hi," I say.

"Andy, I was hoping I'd hear from you," Colton says.

"Look about what you said," I start.

"Yeah?" he says.

"I just need some time to think. It's a lot to process," I say.

"Sure, take as much time as you need," he says.

"Thanks. I'll see you later," I say.

"Bye," Colton says. I throw my phone on the bed and sigh. At least I bought myself some time.

Fuck.