Chapter Fifty-One

It's been a couple of hours since Colton. His words linger in my mind. There was something off about him. I don't know what it was. He can be a dick sometimes but not like that. It didn't seem like him.

I'm hanging out at Brandon's house. Cross and Flemings are home.

"Yo, Andy, you want a beer?" Cross asks.

"You know I'm eighteen, right?" I ask. He shrugs. Something tells me not to drink. "I'm good."

Flemings runs by Cross and snatches both of the beers from his hands. "Yeah, two for me!" Flemings hollars. I laugh. They're like older brothers to me. Cross grabs a pizza box from the fridge and sets it down on the table. He sits next to me on the couch. Flemings flops onto the couch and turns on the TV.

"Why do you guys watch Keeping up with the Kardashians?" I ask. Flemings shrugs.

"Cuz they're hot," he says. I laugh. I look at my watch. It's close to seven.

"Not that I mind, but why are you crashing with us? Don't you have parents?" Cross asks. I roll my eyes.

"You two are honestly the biggest gossips, but whatever. So, you know my mom, right? She's a Medical Examiner. Anyways, I drove up to our cabin to set up for Dad's birthday and I found her there. With Harrison. I doubt that was the only guy," I tell them.

"Wait, like Harrison, the Chief Harrison?" Flemings asks. I nod. "Damn, that shit's juicy."

"Your mom hit on me once," Cross says.

"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," I say. My phone rings and I pull it out of my pocket. I see the caller ID and stand up. "I gotta take this."

"Oooh, it's her boyfriend," Flemings says. I hit him.

"Shut up," I mutter as I walk by the entry way. I answer the call. "Alex?"

"Oh, thank God you answered," Alex says.

"So, uh, what's up?" I ask.

"It's Colton...he's...I think he needs you," she says. I hear a loud crash.

"What's going on? Alex?" There's another crash.

"Oh, God, Colton, please don't break that!" Alex says. "I think...I don't know. I don't know what to do. Can you come over?"

"Uh, yeah. I'll be right there," I say.

"Thank you. I'll see you soon." The call ends and I shove my feet into shoes and grab my keys. I walk back into the living room.

"Hey, I'm gonna run out," I say.

"Booty call!" Flemings yells. I smile.

"Whatever. Bye."

"Byeeee," Cross says. I shake my head as I walk out. My smile fades as I start driving. What's wrong with Colton? I still care about him even though he was a total dick.

I get to his apartment and park my car. I hit the buzzer and Alex lets me up. I take the elevator up and then knock on the door. She opens it.

"He's in his room." She looks tired and her eyes are red like she's been crying.

"Okay," I say. I walk slowly through the apartment. It's messy, scattered. Things are pulled out of place. I step over a broken pot and nudge his door open.

I've never seen Colton like this.

His eyes are red, there's tear streaks down his cheeks. His room is a disaster. Drawers are pulled out of his dresser and thrown on the floor. Posters are ripped from his walls. There's a dent in the wall.