Chapter Thirty

An hour and fifteen minutes later, Colton and I are driving on the old, dirt road that leads to my cabin. We got groceries and stuff for Dad's birthday. We haven't talked much.

Somehow, Colton managed to drive the rest of the way. "Take a right up here," I tell him. He nods. He turns right. We drive for a couple of miles. "Turn left and go straight. And then turn right," I say. Colton follows my instructions.

He turns left and then we're on the road that leads to my cabin. Dad texted, confirming that he and Mom would come up tomorrow.

"Is this your cabin?" Colton asks. I look up.

"Huh? Oh, yeah," I say.

"That's like a fucking mansion. It looks like you could fit a cabin in the garage," Colton says.

"Yeah," I say, squinting. We're approaching the cabin, but something isn't right. Is there a car in the driveway? "Hey, do you uh, see that car?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says. I frown. He looks at me. "What's wrong?"

"No one's supposed to be up here yet. My parents are coming tomorrow," I tell Colton. "You went right, left and then straight right?" Colton nods. He pulls up slowly in the driveway.

"You're sure this is your cabin?" he asks. I look at it. It has the gothic mansion meets houses in Scream vibe. It's definitely our cabin.

"I'm sure," I tell him.

"Well, what does this mean?" he asks.

"I don't fucking know! Oh, shit. Colton, what if someone's in there? Like some serial killer that been keeping his victims chained up in our cabin and has been raping and torturing them?" I ask. He pulls the keys out of the ignition and he looks at me. "I mean, what if-" I cut myself off because he cups my face in his hands.

It's oddly tender and reassuring. "Andy, nothing's going to happen. It's going to be okay," Colton tells me. And believe him. "Why don't I go inside and check it out?"

"Please, like I'm staying in here alone," I tell him, forcing a smile. He nods and lets go of my face. We get out of the car. I grab his arm as we walk up to the door. I hand Colton the key and he unlocks the door. We creep inside slowly. I'm gripping his arm tightly. The lights are on. "Shit," I mutter.

"Don't worry," Colton tells me.

"If some serial killer jumps out, I'm sacrificing you," I murmur. He laughs softy. I freeze when I hear noise upstairs. "What the fuck was that?"

"I think it's coming from upstairs," he whispers. I nod. I lead him to the staircase and we walk up it. I hear the noise again, but it's louder. We walk up to the second floor and turn down the hallway. There's a guest bedroom at the end of the hallway that's slightly open. I hit Colton's chest and gesture to the door. He nods and we walk to the bedroom. It sounds like there's...moaning? I push the door open.

"What the fuck!" I yell once I see what's happening.

I blink twice to make sure that I'm really seeing what I think I just saw. "Mother, you fucking whore!" I yell. "How long?" I ask Mom. She looks at me bordley.

"How long what?" she asks.

"How long have you been fucking Harrison?"