Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Ellie, hold still for a second," I tell her. We're getting ready for the dance. I'm trying to do her makeup.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited," she says. I smile. She smiles back. Half an hour later she and I are walking downstairs. She looks really pretty.

"Okay, so we're off to pick up Colton and Ian. You have Ian's address, right?" I ask her. She nods as we get in my car. "You look beautiful, Eleanor." I smile and look back at her. She grins at me.

"Thanks, Andy," she says. It doesn't take long for us to arrive at Colton's apartment.

"Can you wait in the car?" I ask her. She nods. I leave the keys in and buzz myself into his apartment building. "Yo, Colton! Open up! It's time to go!" I yell banging on the door. He opens up and walks out.

He looks fucking hot. Colton's wearing black slacks and a dark blue dress shirt. His hair is messy and unkempt. "How's it going?" he asks.

"Good. Your mom home?" I ask.

"Yeah, she's expecting company," Colton tells me as we walk into the elevator. "She's really loud." He smirks, looking at me. I think we're good. We were good during school. Colton and I made out a ton during gym so that was fun. As it turns out, I have Greyson in my gym. I guess I never noticed him before.

"You look hot, by the way," Colton says. He puts his hand low on my hips, brushing my ass.

"Whoa there, bud. Hands to yourself," I say. He raises an eyebrow and moves closer to me. I catch his scent. "For now. Just try to keep it to yourself. It's an elementary school dance."

"Fine," he says, sighing. "But you better expect something else after the dance."

"Shut up," I say, smiling as we walk out of the lobby and to my car. I get into the driver's seat and Colton slides in next to me.

"Hey, Ellie," he says. "You ready?"

"Hi, Colton! I'm sooooooo excited," she says. "We're picking up Ian now, right?" Eleanor asks me.

"Yeah, we're on our way. Don't worry about it," I tell her. She nods, looking out the window. She's almost bouncing. I really hope Ian's not a piece of shit. I'd hate for her to get hurt. Colton rests his hand on my leg and I shoot him a look. He just grins at me. I smile.

Ten minutes later, Ellie and I are walking up to Ian's house. We ring the doorbell. A guy that looks my age answers it. Holy shit, it's fucking Bryce!

"Can I help you?" he asks. He seems to recognize me. "Andy?" Bryce asks.

"Dude, what are you doing here?" I ask him. He smirks and leans against the door lazily.

"I live here," he tells me. "What are you doing here?"

I turn to Ellie. "Do we have the right house?" I ask her softly. She nods. "Is Ian your brother?" I ask Bryce. He shrugs.

"Maybe." He runs a hand through his dark blonde hair. "Why are you in a dress and heels?"

"None of your damn business," I tell him. "Look, cut the shit, Bryce. I'm here to pick up Ian for a school dance. This is Eleanor, I'm not sure if you know her. Just tell me if you're his brother or not."

Bryce keeps smirking. We stare at each other for a couple of agonizingly long seconds. He spins around. "Yo, Ian!" he yells.

"God, you're such a prick," I mutter under my breath. Ellie laughs softly. I smile as Ian comes running to the door. He and Ellie start talking immediately. Bryce shuts the door and starts to walk towards my car.