Chapter Twenty-One

I hitched a ride with Dad to the hospital. "Thanks for giving me a ride, Daddy," I say. He nods. My feet are kicked up on the dashboard. My phone buzzes: Hey, you coming to the hospital? It's from Roberts.

Yeah. On our way. I text him back.

Got it. Your dad likes a large caramel macchiato with an extra shot of espresso, right?

Yeah, what are you a barista?

Bite me. I smirk.

"No problem. Why are you going in today?" he asks me. I shrug.

"Um...I was going to see if Ellie's in and then say hi to Victoria. And then I'll probably play ping pong with the interns and grab lunch with Brandon," I say. He frowns.

"Who the hell is Brandon?" Dad asks.

"You know Roberts? One of the interns, he kinda looks like Edward from Twilight, but with better hair? That kid. His first name's Brandon," I tell him.

"Oh, right. That guy. Why are you hanging out with him? Are you two...he's way to old for you!" Dad says. I smile.

"You don't have to worry, Daddy. We're just friends," I say. He shrugs. "Hey, is Mom going into work today?" I ask Dad as we pull up.

"Later, I think," he tells me. "I'll walk you in," he says. I nod. I smirk when Roberts jumps up from the wall he's leaning against. He has three coffees balanced in one hand.

"Good morning, sir. Here's your coffee and about that Enterocutaneous Fistula on the board that you have scheduled later-" Roberts starts, holding out the coffee.

"I already have an intern," Dad says, he takes the coffee from Roberts' hand and walks away. "Have fun, Andy," he calls back. I smirk.

"Damn," Roberts says, "Next time."

"That's what you always say, Roberts," I tell him with a smirk. He hands me my chai tea latte. "Thanks."

"You know, you can call me Brandon," he says. I sip my tea.

"Yeah, whatever Brandon," I say. I bump my hip into his his leg, He's 6'4", so it's be hard to bump my hip into his.

"So, how'd it go over with your mom?" Brandon asks me as we wander around.

"She's a bitch," I say.

"So eloquently put," he says, smirking.

"Shut up. You're the one that gets asked if you're Edward Cullen," I say. He rolls his eyes.

"Hey! It's not my fault that I kind of look like him." He throws his hands up defensively. Brandon has dark auburn hair, pale skin and golden amber colored eyes. So, maybe he does look a tad bit like Robert Pattinson. But Brandon's also a lot taller and more filled out. I mean, he's ripped, but not nearly as ripped as Colton. I swear Colton's on steroids.

"It's okay, you have better hair," I say. I think about it for a second, "And better abs."

"Thank you," he says.

"Yep," I say. "You wanna go play ping pong?" I ask him. He shrugs. "Where are the other interns at?" I ask him.

"I dunno," he says. There are five interns to a first year resident. His group is: Flemings, Cross, Michaels and Ollie. Michaels is the only girl, but she gets into a fair amount of fights.

"Uh-oh, you better run. Moore's coming," I tell him.

"Shit," he mutters. Moore is his resident. She's not particularly friendly.