Chapter Fifty-Nine

It's been a week since Prom. A week since Colton told me he loved me. A week since Bryce and I made up. I haven't talked to Colton. There's only three days left of school before Graduation.

On the bright side, Bryce and I are going on a date tonight. He hasn't told me where we're going, just to dress fancy. I have the perfect dress, but it's back at my house. I checked with Brandon and he said that both of my parents are at the hospital, so I'm all clear.

I shake my head as I unlock the door. It's almost like I'm breaking into my own house. I shake my head as I walk through the kitchen and living room to get to the stairs. I wander to my bedroom. Everything looks the same. I sigh and walk over to my closet.

I pull out a beige dress and walk to my bathroom. I take off my shorts and tank top and slip on the dress. It clenches at the waist and falls mid-thigh. It's pretty flowy and shows off my boobs nicely. I brush on gold eyeshadow and brush my hair. I walk back into my room and slip on white peep toe wedges. I grab a gold necklace and clasp it around my neck. I fill a backpack with things that I need and then walk downstairs.

I moved out of Greyson's house two days ago. Ellie's mom has crazy work hours for the next two weeks, so she asked me to stay with Ellie. I explained my situation to her and she told me I could stay for as long as I needed. It ended up working out perfect.

I drive back to Ellie's house. Bryce is going to pick me up in fifteen minutes. I smile. He makes me happy. I park in the driveway and bring my backpack inside. Ellie smiles when she sees me.

"You look pretty," Ellie tells me. I smile.

"Thanks," I say.

"Are you going on a date?" she asks. I nod. I can't seem to stop smiling. "With who? Colton?" I shake my head.

"Uh, no. Bryce, Ian's older brother," I tell Ellie. She smiles.

"Cool," Ellie says. Ms. Hopkins walks in.

"You're going on a date, Andy?" she asks.

"Uh, yeah. Is that okay?" I ask. Ms. Hopkins smiles.

"Yes, of course, honey. Have fun. I'll be here all night, so you don't have to rush back," she says. I smile. There's a knock on the door and I jump up, grabbing my tote bag.

"I'll see you later," I say.

"Have fun," Ellie calls. I smile and walk outside. Bryce smiles when he sees me.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart," he says as he slides his arm around my waist, he kisses my cheek.

"Thanks, you look handsome," I tell Bryce. He's wearing khakis and a white dress shirt. He looks really handsome. "So, where are we going?" I ask him as we drive away.

"It's a secret," he tells me. I haven't told him about Colton and I don't plan on it. "You ready for graduation?' he asks.

"Hell yeah," I say. "College is going to be so much better. What about you?"

"Yeah. It'll be weird being away from Ian and my parents, but it's going to be good," Bryce says.

"You're sure you won't tell me what you have planned?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"You'll like what I have planned, sweetheart." I smile. My mind drifts to Prom when we were making out in his car. He never did tell me what he was going to say. It seemed like it was important.

It doesn't matter. I trust him. We pull into a parking garage. Bryce parks and then we get out and start walking. I'm not sure where we are, but I know we're downtown. Bryce's hand laces with mine as we walk up some stairs. We push through doors and walk across the street.