Chapter 19

Over the next few weeks, Clark and Lois had been visiting a lot so that Clark could get to know Sam. Lois and Kara were having a lot of girl time, so they decided to go rent Spiderman – Far from Home. They were enjoying the movie, but Lois could tell that Kara was distracted. Lois paused the movie and asked "Is everything alright Kara? You don't seem like yourself this weekend."

"Sorry. I am just a little distracted." Kara said.

"Anything I can help with? You know I am a good listener." Lois said.

"I know I am just being stupid and if I say anything, I will sound jealous, so I should probably just forget it." Kara said.

"You know yourself, if you just hold this in it will cause you problems later. So, come on. Out with it." Lois said.

"I know this sounds stupid, but I am mad at Kal-El. He is showing more attention to Sam then he ever did to me when I first got here. I just don't understand why he couldn't take time with me when I was younger. I could have really used him to help me get used to earth." Kara said.

"Kara, that doesn't sound stupid at all. I understand. I even think he was stupid for not being there for you. I even told him that you could live with us, but he thought that it would be best for you to have a normal childhood that you wouldn't have been able to have if you were with us." Lois said.

"You really wanted me to come and live with you two? Man, that would have been fun. I will always be grateful to the Danvers for taking me in. I mean I wouldn't have Alex for a sister if they didn't. But it would have been nice to be around my only real family I had left at the time." Kara said.

"Yeah I did want him to take you in. You were always so sweet, and I know that you were having problems with your powers and Clark could have helped you to learn how to control them. I think that you should talk to Clark and let him know how you feel. He will understand." Lois said.

"I might do that. I don't want to upset him though." Kara said.

"Don't worry about that. I think he should really know how you feel." Lois said.

"Thanks Lois. I am feeling a lot better now." Kara said.

"No problem Kara." Lois said as she resumed the movie so that they could finish it.

A few hours later Clark returned so that he could get ready for the family dinner that they were going to have that night. Lois looked at Kara and nodded in a way that let her know that now would be a good time to have that talk with Clark.

Kara nodded back and then said "Hey Kal, can we take a walk? I have to talk to you about something."

"Sure, lets go" Kal said.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Kal asked.

"I am sorry if it sounds like I am jealous, but I am kind of upset about all the time you are spending with Sam." Kara said which really surprised him.

"Why? I mean she is my sister after all." Kal said.

"I know she is, and I am happy that you have found her. I just feel like you are being there for her now and you were never there for me when I first arrived here. I mean I could have really used your help with a lot of stuff. I love the Danvers and I couldn't even dream of Alex not being my sister now, but I really needed you back then and you were not there for me." Kara said.

"I am so sorry Kara. I thought that you would be safer without me and you would also be able to have a normal childhood with Danvers. I never really thought about you needing me that much. I know now that I made the wrong decision and I am very sorry about that." Kal said.

"Thanks. I feel better now. It feels good to get that off of my chest." Kara said.

"You do know that I love you right." Kal said.

"Of course, I do, and I love you too. I just realized what I was missing when I see you and Sam together all the time and I wish I could have had that growing up." Kara said and Kal nodded knowing that he should have done better for her.

They finished their walk and made their way back to Kara's apartment. When they got there Lois asked "So, how did it go?"

"I got everything off of my chest and I feel a lot better now." Kara said and Lois nodded.

"Wait a minute. You knew about this Lois?" Kal asked.

"Yeah, we talked about it earlier today and I told her that she needed to talk to you so that she could let you know how she felt." Lois said.

Kal nodded and then he and Kara got to work on the food for that night's family dinner, which would include Kara, Mon-El, Alura, Astra, Lois, Kal, Sam, and Ruby. When they were done with the food, it was about time for Sam and Ruby to arrive.

When Sam and Ruby arrived, everyone sat down at the table and began to eat. There was a lot of good conversation and laughter going on the whole time that everyone was eating. Once they were done Kara and Alura decided to clean the table and get the dishes watched before they started up their family game night. The teams were Kara and Mon-El, Kal and Lois, Sam and Ruby, and Astra and Alura.

They decided to play Pictionary first. Kara and Mon-El were picked to go first. Mon-El was drawing first. He started to what looked like a person on one knee in front of another person. Kara finally guessed "a proposal" and right as she said it Mon-El turned to her and took out a ring box and got on one knee and said "Kara Zor-El you are the love of my life. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Kara had tears in her eye, and she nodded and then she finally said "Yes. Of course, I will marry you."

Everyone got up and congratulated the newly engaged couple and then they got back to the game. Once Sam and Ruby had left. All of the other people in the apartment decided that it was time to head to bed. When she was about to go to sleep that last thing that came to Kara's mind was that this night had been one of the best nights of her life.