Chapter 39

The next Monday Kara showed up to her office to see Thea waiting there for her. Today was going to be the first day of Thea's training to take the lead of the Star City Branch of National Daily News.

"Hey, I am glad that you could make it on such short notice." Kara said.

"Well I know absolutely nothing about running a newspaper. I do have experience with running a business and also making sure that my brother is where he needs to be when he needs to be there. So, I guess once I learn some about the newspaper business, I will be ok." Thea said.

"You will be fine. So, this week you will shadow me and next week you will go to Metropolis and shadow Lois." Kara said.

"Sounds good to me. So, did you get a visit from Novu just like we did?" Thea asked.

"Sure did. I think Laurel being the Paragon of Truth is a good thing." Kara said.

"Yeah, he must not have told you everything though, because there are three other paragon changes as well." Thea said.

"No, he only to me about Laurel. Who else are paragons now?" Kara asked.

"Ollie is the new Paragon of Honor, Caitlin is the new Paragon of Humanity, and here is the weird part, I am the new Paragon of Courage." Thea said.

"I can't say that I disagree with any of those though. They seem like good choices to me." Kara said.

"Really. Even me as the Paragon of Courage?" Thea asked.

"Yes, even you Thea. You have always You have always been someone that I look up to, especially on the old earth when you had no powers. It always surprised me how you would get in the middle of the fight with how small you are and how young you were at the time." Kara said.

"Well I guess when you put it that way, I can see what you are saying. Anyways, how about we get started on teaching me everything I need to know to run a newspaper." Thea said.

"Ok, so for the first couple of days I just want you to follow me around and watch what I do. After that, I am going to let you take the lead on a couple of things and see how you do." Kara said.

"I think I can work with that. I really hope I work out with this. No offense to Ollie, but I felt like I was stuck in a job that had no chance of promotion and I am really a person who likes to be in charge." Thea said.

"I can understand that. I mean you did run your own club for two years. I would be surprised if you didn't want to do something for yourself again." Kara said.

"I just hope that I am not disappointing Ollie by leaving him at City Hall." Thea said.

"Your brother loves you and wants what is best for you. If you think that this is what is best for you, I don't think he has a problem with it. It was him who brought you up for the job anyways. I think that he could see that you wanted to do something else with your life than being his Chief of Staff for as long as he is in office." Kara said.

"I don't think he will be going anywhere anytime soon. Everyone seems to love him as of right now." Thea said.

"I wish we had him here. It would be better than what we have right now. At least we aren't as corrupt as Star City used to be before Oliver started to clean everything up." Kara said.

"You are right about that." Thea said and Kara nodded as they walked through the newsroom to see what was going on for the day.

The first thing that was done that morning was to have a meeting with all of the writers to see what they were working on for the day. Kara then assigned some other stories to some people who didn't have anything to work on that day. Once they were done with the meeting, they both went back to Kara's office to start proof reading some of the articles that had been sent in so that they were included in the next days paper. Kara then started to write an article that she had been researching for a while. Once she was done and got Thea to proofread the story, Kara sent the story to print.

"Will I be required to write stories as well?" Thea asked.

"Not if you don't want to. I do it because I was a reporter before I became the owner of this company." Kara said.

"Ok, because I don't think I have the experience to try to write a story. I think I would just ramble to much." Thea said.

"That is why you take it to someone else to proofread so that they will tell you that you need to cut something out or add something if that is what is needed." Kara said.

"But remember to always report the truth, that way there is no chance that you can get into trouble for saying something about someone that isn't true." Kara said.

"Well this has been a very informative day. I think it is time for you to close for the day, so I will see you in the morning." Thea said.

"Yeah see you here at nine." Kara said as she started to pack up as well so that she could leave for the day.

Kara went up to the Tower to see if there was anything that needed Supergirl's attention. When she got there, she saw her mom standing in front of computer looked to see if anything was going on in the city.

"So, how was Thea's first day?" Alura asked.

"She picks up on things almost as quick as we Kryptonians do." Kara said.

"That's good. Well there is nothing going on around here right now, so why don't you go home for a while and get some rest." Alura said.

"I think I might do that. I will see you later on tonight mom." Kara said as she left to go home for the day.