Untitled Part 27

The team finally had some time to rest now that the world killers were taken care of. Kara still had a couple of things for the wedding to be taken care of, so when she walked into the tower that day Alura walked up to her and said, "Now is the time to finish planning your wedding. So, what do you have left to do?"

"I need to pick the color scheme, the flowers, and who are going to be my bridesmaids. We already picked out the cake and the rings." Kara said.

"What about music?" Winn asked from where he was sitting.

"Add that to the list of the things I have to do. I also don't know the date yet, but I know I have to wait at least another three months." Kara said.

"Why is that?" Alura asked.

"It will be after Laurel and Caitlin have their babies. I really want the both of them in the wedding." Kara said.

"I understand. They are two of your best friends. They deserve to be in the wedding. Who else do you want to be in it?" Alura asked.

"I would like to have Alex, Sam, Lois, and Lena as bridesmaids as well." Kara said.

"Is that all?" Alura asked.

"Yeah that's all I can think of." Kara said.

"Then you have that part done then." Alura said.

"So, what is your favorite color?" Winn asked.

"Do you really have to ask? You know it is blue." Kara said.

"The color scheme is taken care of now." Alura said.

"What about flowers? I never knew your favorite type of flowers." Winn said.

"I like roses and lilies. They are probably my favorites." Kara said.

"There are your flowers. This is pretty easy when you have help, don't you think?" Alura said with a smile.

"It sure is. Thanks for the help you guys. You are the best." Kara said.

"You're welcome sweetheart. Now I do think you need to discuss the music with your husband." Alura said.

"Yeah that's probably a good idea. He probably has some ideas about that anyways." Kara said.

"Oh yeah, you never said who your maid of honor was going to be." Winn said.

"Are you really asking that. You know it is going to be Alex." Kara said with a smile on her face.

"Well, I guess you are about done setting everything up. You just need a place to have it now." Alura said.

"I was thinking of asking Kal if we could have it in the fortress. It would be like having the wedding on Krypton." Kara said.

"I like that idea. You know I have been here for years now and I still have never been there." Alura said.

"It is beautiful. It was my way of remembering home before I knew Argo survived." Kara said.

"I am glad that you had it to remind you of home. I know you missed it after you were sent here." Alura said and Kara nodded.

"Well I need to get back to work. I will check back up here later to see if anything needs my help." Kara said and Alura nodded.

Kara went down to the bottom floor of the building where the newspaper company that she was running was located. She had a meeting with all the different sections of the newspaper today. When she was done with the meeting she went and sat down at her desk to see if she had any emails that needed to be answered. She was actually having fun running a company instead of being one of the reporters that had to go find the story. It gave her time to rest. Of course, she had other things that she didn't have to worry about before like making sure that she had the money to pay everyone. She also had to make sure that if she had any people not pulling their weight, that she had to get rid of them. There were no room for slackers in her company.

Once she had checked her emails, she went out to her receptionist and asked, "Do you have any messages for me?"

"Oh, yes Ms. Danvers. You have three messages." The receptionist whose name was Jacky said.

"Jacky, I know you worked for Mrs. Grant for a while, but you don't have to be afraid of me, and please call me Kara. I don't like being so formal." Kara said.

"Ok, Kara. Is there anything that I can get for you?" Jacky asked.

"If you wouldn't mind getting me a coffee. Thank you. I will be returning these messages while you are gone." Kara said.

"I will be right back with that." Jacky said.

"Thanks and take your time." Kara said and Jacky nodded as she left to go get the coffee.

Once Kara was done with returning the messages, she decided that she would call her fiancé and see how he was doing.

"Hey, how has your day been?" Kara asked.

"It's been fine. Nothing special. You know just the normal stuff at a bar. Listening to people's problems and trying to give them good advice. How about your day." Mon-El asked.

"Finally getting used to being in charge. It is taking me a while, but I am still learning. I am not used to being looked at like Cat. I think she scared them and now they are scared of me. I will have to fix that somehow." Kara said.

"You will find a way to let them know that you are not Cat and that you run your company not by making people fear you but by being more inclusive with everyone." Mon-El said.

"I really needed to hear you say that. I am getting a bit overwhelmed." Kara said.

"Glad to help. Now have a good rest of you day and I will see you tonight. Love you." Mon-El said.

"I love you too. Bye." Kara said and she hung up and went back to her work for the rest of the day until it was time to leave and go home.