Chapter 42

Kara ended up taking off the next Monday so that she could spend some time with her daughter and get to know her better. She had talked Mon-El into taking off as well. They decided that they would stay around the apartment for the day and then they would call Alura and Astra to come over as well.

"So, how about we stay here today and just hangout. If they need us at the tower, they know how to get in touch with us." Kara said.

"I like the sound of that. We hang out a lot in the future, but it will be cool to hang out with my younger parents." Karen said.

"How old do we look in the future?" Mon-El asked.

"You both actually look about the same. The effects of the yellow sun on us I guess." Karen said.

"So, we are still just as good at the hero thing in the future as we are now?" Kara asked.

"Yes, you are. We all work together and that is a lot of fun." Karen said.

"I like the sound of that. So, what do you say if I was to call mom and Aunt Astra over?" Kara asked.

"I would like that." Karen said.

Kara went over to call her mom and let her know that they were at the house and that they would like her and Aunt Astra to come over and hangout. Alura agreed and she and Astra there within fifteen minutes.

"Hey Kara, I am glad that we can hangout today. Oh, you have a guest. Who is this?" Alura asked.

"Mom, Aunt Astra. This is my daughter from the future, Karen?" Kara said.

"Oh, she is so beautiful Kara. She looks just like you." Alura said.

"It is good to see both of you Mama and Aunt Astra. I love hanging out with the both of you in the future as well." Karen said.

"So, we are still alive then?" Astra asked.

"Yes, you are and just like mom and dad, you haven't really aged any because of the yellow sun." Karen said.

"Well according to my research we should be able to live deep into our 100s possible even into our 200s." Alura said.

"Is that why Kal and I were sent here?" Kara asked.

"Yes, and also because this was the only planet that we could find that the two of you would have been able to exist without having to wear something to help you breath." Alura said.

"Hey mom, how about we have game day? It will be fun." Karen said.

"That does sound fun. It has been a while since we have done that." Kara said as she went and picked up all the games that she had stored in the closet.

"Let's play charades. I have not played that in a long time." Mon-El said.

They decided that they would have a team with three player and one with two players. Mon-El and Kara were on one team and Alura, Astra and Karen were on the other. Everything was pretty even because Kara and Mon-El knew each other so well and the same went for Alura and Astra. Karen was just having fun watching her family play. She didn't let anyone know that she chose to play with Alura and Astra because that is who she always played with in the future, so she knew how to read them.

"This is so much fun. We don't get to do this much in the future." Karen said.

"Well we will have to do it a lot while you are here. We can even add some more of our friends if that is ok with you." Kara said.

"I have no problem with it. You should ask Uncle Ollie and Aunt Laurel to come next time. It is always fun watch Ollie because he acts like he is not enjoying himself, but you can tell that he is even if he doesn't show it." Karen said.

"I can see that. He always hates it when I try to hug him, but he ends up letting me do it anyways." Kara said.

"He always has a soft spot for his family and it also seems that he has one for you and Uncle Barry as well." Karen said.

"And how is it that you know this?" Kara asked.

"He can't resist me, and he also told me that you and Uncle Barry are like his family. He told me if I ever told you that he would kill me though." Karen said as she laughed because she knew Oliver was just kidding around.

"I knew he loved me. I am going to have to rub that in the next time I see him." Kara said.

"Can I be there to see it? It is so fun to see him try to cover up that he does care about people." Karen said.

"Ok, so it is about lunch time. What would y'all like to have?" Mon-El asked.

"Chinese of course. We have to have pot stickers." Karen said.

"You too. Man, I was hoping that wasn't something that got passed down." Mon-El said as everyone else laughed.

"Oh yeah, pot stickers are the best." Karen and Kara said at the same time.

"So, is there anything that you got from me?" Mon-El asked.

"Yes, we like to watch movies and I also work at the bar that you work at now. I like having a normal life as a civilian. I just couldn't ever get into journalism." Karen said.

"It's not for everyone and it can be very demanding." Kara said and everyone nodded.

"So, are you going to college now?" Alura asked.

"Yes, I am. I am going to NCU and I am majoring in bioengineering. I want to follow in Aunt Alex and Aunt Caitlin's footsteps." Karen said.

"I think that they would be happy to know that. You should tell them the next time you see the both of them." Kara said.

"I will be sure to. Now let's eat and get back to our game day." Karen said as they ate and then went back to playing their games.