Faking - Larry (NH)

'Daaaaaad!'

'Daaaaaad!'

'Niall will you be quiet the whole neighbourhood can probably hear you!'

'Sorry.'

'Well what did you want? and why aren't you up yet we're leaving in 30 minutes!'

'I don't feel well.'

I had decided at some point last night that I didn't feel like going to school today. We had a chemistry test which I hadn't revised for and it turns out neither had any of my friends. Instead of spending all last night revising we decided to all fake sick and then meet at one of our houses to hang out all day. It shouldn't be to difficult as all our parents work and then just before they all come home we all return back to our own houses and get back in bed. Simple.

'What's the matter?'

'I don't know I just don't feel well.'

He came towards me and placed his hand on my forehead. I had been in the bathroom before I called him and had a boiling hot shower so it would heat my skin. I also had a glass of warm water under my bed incase he decided to check with a thermometer. I wasn't risking him finding out i was faking.

'You feel a little warm. Stay there I'm going to get the thermometer.'

When he left the room I quickly grabbed the glass of water under my bed and drank it, before placing it back under the bed.

'Alright Ni open up.'

I did as told and then came that awkward wait, dad came and sat next to me and I leaned into his side to make it seem like I was really tired. This wasn't actually a lie, just the reasoning, because I was up all night texting about plans for today.

When the thermometer did beep I heard dad curse under his breath.

'Your temperatures 101.5 love, I can't send you to school with a reading that high but both me and pops are working today.' He said as he pushed my chest to get me lying down and tucked me in.

'What's going on in here?'

Pops appeared at the door at that moment with Liam behind him fully dressed in his uniform.

'Ni doesn't feel very well.'

'Papa I'm hungry.'

'Wait a minute Li. Does he have a temperature, we both have to work today Lou I don't think we could get the day off.'

'Yeah 101.5. What are we going to do Haz?'

'Don't worry about it dad I will be fine on my own.'

'I don't know Ni, that temperature is quite high and you have a tendency to get quite high temperatures when your sick.'

'If I feel any worse I will call you.'

Pops had disappeared I guess to get Liam some breakfast.

'Alright love I don't really have much of a choice. Do you need a bucket or anything I don't want you trying to get out of bed.'

'Um yeah can I have a bucket and some pain killers?'

'Course love.'

Once he came back he told me he had rang the school and placed the bucket and pain killers on my bed side table. He then kissed my forehead and left the room.

Mission accomplished.

***
'Do you guys want to come to mine? the parents have left so there's no one here?'