Christmas is not the time to be sick - Nouis (LP)

"So you coming out tonight? I know you normally refuse to come out Friday nights but it's Christmas break now we've got 2 weeks of no school."

"I don't know Andy I don't feel brilliant I was going to go home and just lie down." I said as we walked home in the freezing cold.

"Maybe you should ask for a coat for Christmas I mean I wouldn't be feeling great if I only had a blazer for warmth. I mean at least the rest of the week you've also had a jumper on underneath."

"I know but I got toothpaste down it this morning and I've only got one school jumper so I kind of had no choice to just wear a blazer but your right it's not doing much for warmth." I said wrapping my arms together.

"Why don't you have a coat anyway?"

"I do, I just don't like it so I don't wear it and I can't afford to buy a different one." I justified and Andy rolled his eyes.

"So you'd rather be sick than just wear a coat."

"Well I didn't think about getting sick when I made the decision. But to answer your original question no I'm not coming out tonight." I told him as we reached the corner where we both spilt to go different ways home.

"Fine, but text me when your feeling better Yeah." He said and I nodded before waving and heading the rest of the way home.

***
"Li that you?" I heard my dad call out when I walked into the house.

"Yeah." I said and I then saw him appear.

"Great can you go and get changed and then come into the kitchen to help me out a bit, everyone's coming over in less than an hour."

"Wait what? Everyone coming over?"

"Yeah end of term Christmas party come on Li I was talking to you about it just this morning." He said and I sighed. The last thing I wanted to do tonight was cope with my family on both sides. It would be a loud and long evening.

"Well go on go and get changed." He said and I sighed but nodded. Looks like my quiet evening on the sofa isn't happening.

When I was changed I headed into the bathroom grabbing some pain killers as my head and throat were hurting swallowing them down before venturing down stairs.

"Where's pop and Harry?" I asked walking back into the kitchen.

"Picking up Nana and Grandpa from the airport." He said and I nodded.

"What do you need help with then?" I asked him and he started giving out millions of instructions.

"Right slow down I can't remember all that." I said holding onto the side of the table when I was hit by a dizzy spell.

"Umm you good love?" Dad asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah fine." I said waving him off and setting to work on some of the things he'd listed off for me to do.

"Woah love, what's going on?" Dad asked me as I tripped and fell into his arms.

"It's nothing." I mumbled knowing my voice was going hoarse.

"Li you not feeling well, your burning." He said lifting his hand to my forehead.

"I'm fine, yeah I don't feel 100% but I'll be fine." I said and dad shook his head.

"No I'm cancelling." He said going to pick up his phone but I stopped him.

"No your not. I'm fine dad I don't feel too bad yet, plus nana and grandpa have come all this way for this." I said and dad sighed but nodded.