It takes my breath away, literally - Larry (NH)

Request for: Stylinhoraynexxx

"Niall I'm fed up with you acting like this every morning. Your 15 now you need to start being more responsible, when your out working you can't just call in sick whenever things get to tough." My pops lectured. I had just informed him that I didn't feel great and surprise surprise he didn't believe me.

"Pops I'm not kidding." I said as I coughed into my arm and he just chuckled.

"Maybe you should take up an acting career you'd be great at it. Now get up we're leaving in 20 if you want a lift." I would normally give up at this point but I really felt like crap and didn't want to go. This was way worse than a normal cold.

"Dad." I asked as I walked downstairs trying to find my dad who I found watching the TV in the living room while eating breakfast.

"Yeah Ni? Why you still in your pyjamas?"

"I don't feel well. And I don't mean as in I just have  a cold this feels a lot worse and I really don't want to go to school." I said before I started coughing again and it was enough to make me cry.

"Aw Love Come here." I heard Dad say as he sat up. I rubbed my eyes to try and wipe the tears away but Dad already knew I was crying so I just gave up and went and sat next to him.

"What's wrong?"

"I can't stop coughing and my chest hurts." I whimpered curling into side.

"What do you mean by your chest hurts?" He asked sitting up and pulling me up with him as I started to cough again.

"It feels really tight." I said as I tried to catch my breath from coughing.

"Alright Go back to bed I'll be up in a minute I'm just going to say bye to Li and your pops." My dad said and I nodded before heading upstairs.

"Where are you going?" I heard my pops say as I walked past Liam's room seeing that he was helping him get his uniform on.

"Back to bed, dad said I don't have to go to school."

"What why?"

"Because I'm sick."

"Yeah I'm sure you are. Go to the bathroom Li and brush your teeth and then we need to head to school." I saw my little brother nod before he walked off and I walked off to bed.

I was nearly asleep again when my dad entered my room and motioned for me to sit up.

"Why?" I groaned.

"I've got some medicine for you and I want to check your temperature." He said and I nodded moving up so he could sit down as well.

"Your pops really wasn't happy that I let you stay home." My dad said as he gestured for me to open my mouth so he could place the thermometer under my tongue. I just shrugged as I couldn't exactly say anything. Once he placed the thermometer he put his hand on my forehead and sighed.

"But I'm glad I've kept you home, Your already pretty warm." He said as I leaned into his touch. He smiled and left his hand there clearly realising that I was enjoying his cool touch.

"Alright pass me that." He said 2 minutes later once the thermometer started to beep. I took it out of my mouth and passed it to Dad who's eyes widened when he saw the reading.

"Your already at 102 Ni." He said as I started to cough once again placing my hand on my chest as I did.

"Is it hurting that much." I nodded and took a shaky breath when the coughs had calmed.