Nightmares - Lirry (NH)

Twins are 4 years old
Request for: stylinhoraynexxx

I woke up to the sound of crying and instantly knew it was one of the twins, and if I could have a good guess I would say Niall as he had been suffering from recurring nightmares recently, but he wouldn't tell harry or I What they were about.

I quietly walked into Niall's room where he had his back facing the door but I could see he shoulders shaking and by the sounds of things he was trying to muffle his sobs. I quietly went over to him and gently placed my hand on his shoulder and he flinched.

"It's only Daddy Ni." I said softly and he turned around then crawling into my lap and burying his face into my chest continuing to sob while I rubbed his back and kissed his hair trying to get him to calm down.

"Come on Baby, calm down, daddy's got you." I said bouncing him gently up and down and I finally felt him take a deep breath hinting he was calming down.

"That's it good boy, take another deep breath for me." I told him and he did before pulling his face away from my chest and looking up at me. I smiled at him and kissed his nose earning a small giggle before he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Do you want to tell me what that was about?" I asked him.

"Bad dream." He mumbled quietly and I sighed as that's all I ever got out of him. I leaned over and grabbed a tissue getting him to blow his nose and then wiped his tears away before handing him his cup of water, which he happily excepted.

"Do you want to come and sleep with papa and I the rest of the night?" I asked him and he nodded wrapping his arms around my neck as I stood up with him.

"Blankie." I heard Niall say then and I smiled bending down to pick up his blue comfort blanket before handing it to him and walking back over to mine and Harry's room.

"Nightmare?" Harry mumbled barley awake as Niall snuggled into his side and Harry wrapped an arm around him.

"Yep, But he won't tell me what it's about again." I said and Harry just nodded.

"He'll tell us when he's comfortable but whatever it is obviously causing him problems as this is the third Nightmare this week." Harry explained and I sighed. I just wanted to know what was causing my little blonde to get so scared.

***
The next morning and Niall was sat on top of me happily bouncing like nothing had happened the night before. This is what happened though on a morning, he was also fine throughout the weekends, but every evening after school he was so quiet. And that's when I thought of something.

"Ni why don't you go and wake loulou." I said ruffling his hair and he nodded happily before climbing off me and heading for Louis' room.

"Harry wake up." I said slightly kicking him and he groaned as it was Wednesday and he didn't start work till lunch time.

"What Li?" He mumbled.

"Harry come on this is important." I said and he sighed but sat up.

"Yes?" He questioned.

"I think I know what's causing Niall's nightmares and if I could put money on it I would guarantee it's school." I said and Harry looked at me like I'd gone crazy.

"Liam he's 4 years old surely it can't be school." He said and I shrugged.

"Think about it though Haz, he's fine every morning and throughout the weekends, but after school on the evening he's as quiet as a mouse and then has frequent nightmares during the night." I said pretty certain now that there was a problem at school and just the thought of it was enough to make me want to cry.