*chapter twenty-seven // silent serenade

800 reads wtf. that's. that's a lot of reads. i...bruh. 

i think this is sweet. soft emily smut. literally this emoji 🥺

————— 

You were all returning from a case in Oregon, and Rossi bought everyone a round at O'Keefe's. You ordered a glass of wine and gave it to Emily.

Emily was worried about you, and you hadn't had sex since Lake Placid. It had been a few months. You needed her, desperately, and when you saw her glass getting low, you said to her, "Don't have another, baby, let's get outta here." Your tone told her everything she needed to know. Emily nodded and finished her wine.

"Hey, I think Y/N and I are gonna head home,"

"Call a cab, please!" Hotch commanded — already on his third round. You chuckled.

"Yessir!" You figured it wasn't worth it to refute him, but you drove home as you were still sober.

You started to unbutton your blouse, Emily doing the same, albeit a little confused. "What prompted this?"

"Horny," you replied plainly. She laughed at your candor.

"Okay, obviously, but—we haven't done anything since—"

"I know, baby. I promise I'll let you know. Just go slow, and be gentle, okay?" Emily nods and cups your face, a calm smile on her face.

"I am so in love with you." You smile back at her and press your lips up against hers. Emily smiles and you see tears in her eyes when you back away. "Are you sure you're ready for this, my love?"

Emily is more of a lightweight than she'd like to admit to anyone. She goes through stages when she drinks wine. First drink is all smiles, second is sensitive and a little sad, third is quiet and shy, and fourth is silly and giggly. After that, she's classically drunk, slurring her words and vaguely unaware of her surroundings. Rarely does she get that far, though.

You look her up and down. She's not in the most stable headspace, you can see, so you smile and glance down. "Uh, I...how about we do this in the morning, love? You know how much you love morning sex,"

"I do. I like that idea." A realization hits her. "Oh, no. Did I do something wrong?" You see her about to cry again and rush to comfort her.

"No! No, baby, I...I just changed my mind. It's nothing you did, okay? I promise you that. Everything's okay, love." You smile and kiss her, and she pouts worriedly as she sits on the bed. She'd been faster at taking her clothes off, and you tossed her some house clothes to sleep in. An old hoodie of yours, barely fitting her, and a pair of her flannel pants. You put on black shorts and a vintage NASA t-shirt and hop into bed with her. "You're not upset, are you, Ems?"

"No,"

"Are you worried?"

"Yeah," she admits. She sounds like a little kid. Two-drink Emily.

"About what, angel?" A fleeting smile crosses her face when she hears 'angel'.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No, baby, of course not, why would I be mad at you?" You rub her back and see the tears in her eyes. "You didn't do anything wrong, my sweet girl. Do you know how much I love you?"

"Mhm. So much,"

"So much," you repeat. "If you did something, I would tell you, baby. Okay? I love you,"

"I love you too." You smile, so she does the same.

"There we go. I love to see your smile, my Emily. Get some rest, baby. We've got business to attend to in the morning." Emily giggles. "You want kisses, my love?" She nods with a little pout to tease, and you take her in your arms while giving her head a hundred thousand little kisses. "Goodnight, my love," you whisper in the middle of your silent serenade.