chapter fifty // you're family

thank you for 3k reads!! also chapter FIFTY omg

-

Seems impulsive, I know, but you bought a house. There was a lot of discussion between you, Emily, and Spencer, and you decided that for the time being, it was best for Spencer to live with you. The commute to even see his own daughter was a rather long one; one he was more than happy to make, but a long one nonetheless. You decided to all love in together, but in either apartment there was not nearly enough space for all four of you. Rather than trying to find an apartment, you all bought a house together.

It sounds odd, but it was best for your situation. Maia seemed happy to have her dad around more, and Spencer was so much brighter when he was with her. He was an incredible father.

Before you knew it, it was Christmastime, and you put up a faux tree and decorated it all over with the collection of ornaments between the three of you. Several were for Maia, one for housewarming and one for your wedding.

"Maia, lovey, come back here!" you laugh as you sit on the floor. "Come back to Mommy, lovey." Your daughter giggles and clumsily crawls over to you. You pick her up and kiss her a hundred times. She laughs when you tickle her belly. Spencer smiles and hands you a bottle of milk for her. You move up to sit on the couch, it's much more comfortable than the floor, and rock slightly with Maia as she takes her bottle. "Good girl, yeah! There we go, lovey, you hungry? Yeah,"

"She's been crawling all morning, I'm sure she's hungry," laughs Spencer. You smile at him. He puts his bony hand on her head and strokes her thin, silky hair. "When's Emily coming back?"

"She should be back soon," you say, "she said she was getting lunch for us,"

"Oh, what's she getting?"

"You tell me and we'll both know," you shrug. He chuckles and leans down to kiss Maia's head.

"Hi, Maia," he says, "yes, Mama will be back soon, okay? Yes, you're our sweet little girl." When she's almost done with her bottle, Maia falls asleep. You put her down for a nap and fall onto the couch dramatically. "You're such a good mother, Y/N." You smile slightly.

"Spence—"

"I'm serious Y/N. I know how scared you must have been. You hid it really well. I know Emily probably tells you a lot how good you are, she's sweet to you like that, but it's not just Emily being Emily. You're a really good mom. And you're so brave."

You put your arms around his neck, and he hesitantly returns the hug, warming up to it. "Spence, that means a lot. You...thank you. And Maia loves her Daddy. I knew you'd be an awesome dad, but you're so much more than I ever expected." You let go of him and look him in the face. "Maia loves you so much, you're so good with her. Emily and I both love you so much, Spence."

He has tears in his eyes and you hug him again. The front door shut and Emily called, "I'm home! Close your eyes!" You laughed and covered your eyes; she had done her Christmas shopping.

"Ems, Maia's asleep," you say.

"Oh, sorry," she stage-whispers so you still hear her. She takes her things and hides them before saying, "Okay, here's the food. I got Chinese,"

"Oh, awesome," you say, hopping up to the table, Spencer following.

"Spence, you okay?" He smiled at her.

"Yeah. I'm great, Emily. I'm really happy to be here with you guys." Emily smiled and looked between you.

"Aw, Spence. You know Y/N and I love you, don't you?"

"That's what Y/N said just before you came in,"

"You're family, Spencer. Nothing could ever change that." Emily ruffled his hair and you all three smiled before Emily sat down to eat with you.

-

Emily got in bed and kissed your face all over. She settled in and put her hand on your belly, running her thumb over your stretch marks. "You're so pretty, my love,"

"Really? Never heard that before," you joke. Emily smiles and kisses your forehead. "Never stop touching me, sweetheart, I love it,"

"Good, I love to hold you, my love. Anything to make you feel good. Can I kiss your belly, love?"

"Mhm,"

"Mm, I love you so much, baby..." She pushed herself down to kiss your abdomen. A hundred thousand kisses serenaded you until Emily curled up perpendicular to you, laying her head on your belly. You played with her hair softly. "Can I sleep?" she murmured.

"Of course, angel, 's long as you're comfortable."

"I love you..."

"I love you, too, angel." She fell asleep with her head there on your belly, and you were not far behind with your fingers in her soft raven hair.