*chapter thirty-four // "apology"

Emily returns from putting your plate in the sink. "Feeling better?" You smile and lean over to kiss your wife, who smiles through it. "Hmm?"

"Yeah. Thank you, angel,"

"Anything for you. Do you want to have a lazy day? I don't want to go anywhere, the last week has been so tiring." You chuckle and lay down, and Emily's arms keep you close.

"Sure. I love you so much, baby,"

"I love you." Your doe eyes grab her attention. "What? You're looking at me like you want something, baby, what is it?" You smile and avert your eyes. "You have to use words, my sweet girl, otherwise I don't know what it is you want." She's so patient and kind. Your heart swells.

"Kisses," you answer cheekily. "Just kisses."

"Oh, of course, honey. Like this?" Emily kisses below and behind your ear and then pulls back to gauge your reaction.

"Good,"

"More?" Maintaining eye contact, you nod. Her lips leave ghosts of kisses on your neck, chest, and shoulders, and she pulls back to realize you're half-asleep. With a satisfied smile, Emily curls up and, as you've been face-to-face, she rolls over. The movement of the bed wakes you slightly, enough to feel that she's not touching you anymore. Eyes still shut, you reach your right hand — your left is underneath you — out, yearning for your angel. You find her and pull her to you with a dissatisfied groan.

"Don't leave me," you mutter. Emily sighs happily.

"Never,"

"Good. Big spoon." For once, you hold her, and Emily lets the tension out of her body. She's okay. She can convince herself of that when she's in your arms. You fall asleep before her, and Emily thinks it might be a bad idea to take a mid-morning nap, but she can't stop herself. You're so comfortable holding her, and she feels safe.

You wake up around eleven as Emily tries to roll over you in her sleep. "Ah!" you shout, laughing with your last breath. You push her off of you and she laughs too, rolling over to face you. You're on your back, she on her side, and she plays with your hair. The blinds are still closed, so you can only see the slits of sunlight on her face.

"Morning,"

"You nearly killed me!" you laugh. You turn over to face her. "You owe me an apology." Emily examines the glint in your eyes.

"Mm, an apology, baby?" Her soft lips meet yours and when she moves away, she makes eye contact again. "Are you ready for that, my love?"

"Please be nice, Emmy," you say, almost pouting. It's genuine, though, you need her kind words, not her hot, empty, dispassionate insults when you play, filled later with the genuine love you need at some point. Emily smiles just enough for it to barely register. Your concerns all fall away.

"Yeah, of course, my love. I just want you to be happy. You should be comfortable, my love, always, m'kay?" You nod and kiss her, tender and soft. Emily's left hand meets your waist and runs over your body, never unlocking your lips. Her fingers stayed on your ribs and she let you onto your back. It was easier for her to care for you when she was slightly above you.

Emily rested her hand on your waist and sighed at the sight of you. "You're just perfect, love." Her kisses to your face and neck were honey, the early summer sunshine against your skin. You feel her right hand at the nape of your neck, her left caressing you; the latter cups your breast, finally, and she's so good to you. Her lips return to yours as she massages your breast. "Do you know how much I love to touch you, sweet girl?"

"Hmm," you respond, vaguely affirmative.

"Show me where you want me to touch you, baby." If you were to speak at the same time, your lips would touch again. You run your hand down her side, over her ass and on the back and inside of her thigh. "You're doing so good, baby." Emily mimics what you've just done to her, but slower, taking her time. She kisses your chest and collarbones as she does so.