Eighty-Nine

"We did it"

"No you did it Connor" I said

"No I wouldn't be here without ever single one of you, even you Desi"

"Don't act like you don't love me!" Desi fired back shoving him in the shoulder

We currently stood on the sidewalk out in front of The mist 2.0. Today was the day the sign was going up. The finishing touch to the building before officially opening tomorrow night.

Connor wouldn't let me or Desi step foot in the interior. The only task we have been given for today was ordering glasses and napkins with the logo on them.

Of course I had a pretty good picture in my mind of what the finishing project would look like due to the many planning meetings I've sat in on. Or the color of curtains, tablecloths, and decor I picked out. I could picture it just not perfectly.

"No,no,no that won't do" Connor said before rushing to help the two poor workers putting up the sign. I'm sure they just wanted to go home and not but up with him needing everything perfect.

"What's wrong Connor?" Niall walked over putting his project he was working on pause after hearing the commotion. Sliding his sunglasses to the top of his head.

He was wearing just a simple old band tee tucked into jeans. Honestly something one of our fifty year old dad customers would be wearing but he made it extremely sexy.

"The color it's just all wrong! I wanted red. The vibe for Mist 2.0 is grungy vintage: reds, blacks, dirty woods, this is neon pink at best." Connor flailed his arms around as he explained the color not matching his vision.

"Bridezilla over here..." Desi teased earning a slap to the back of her head form me because I know her comment  would only make things worse.

"Would you just shut up! You can go home I don't need your attitude today." Connor turned around snapping at Desi

"Woah ok mate let's not get irrational. We will figure it out ok? I'll go talk to Rod right now" Niall patted Connor on the back, calming him done somewhat.

Rod was the head contractor. A scruffy gentleman in his fifties. Niall found him through his many contacts. He was very well known for being good at his job. Wouldn't want to screw things up and loses him over the final thing, the sign.

Me and Desi watched as Niall and Connor talked to Rod. Bless Niall for being able to calm Connor otherwise we would have a mess.

"Well the sign looks pink right now because of the LEDs. When connected to power it will be the red you requested " Rod explained writing something in his clipboard he's always carrying

"Ok not bright red though? A deep red? You know what just show me then" Connor said frustrated

"That's not possible right now. My men are still working on the wiring. This building is so old..." Rod tried to explain but Connor interrupted him.

"Well your men need to kick it in the ass .."

"Alright just let us know when they are done. Thank you" Niall pulled Connor away and back to us before a scene was caused.

"Connor, Adian is here to pick me up for dinner do you want join us?"

"Absolutely that's a wonderful idea!" I answered for him. SometimesDesi could be an angel" You must have worked up an apatite. Me and Niall can handle everything here."

"No no. I need to be here" Connor fought me "I need to make sure these idiots can wire a sign. Give me a damn ladder I'm sure I can do it"

I'm pretty sure it required more skill than he had.