Fifty-Four

"Don't hurt me"
"Don't hurt me"
"Don't hurt me" I cried over and over into my knees. Cowering into my corner as I rocked back in forth.

The image of Hudson burning into my mind. His cold dark eyes. His rage filled fist held up ready to hit me.

I felt someone's arms being wrapped around me lifting my off the ground. Immediately my arms began flailing around.

"Put me down!"  I thrust fist into the chest holding me. I was not going to let anyone hurt me again. I was fighting.

"Shhh Bella I'm not going to hurt you" a familiar Irish voice hushed. Niall.

No wait. It wasn't Niall. My mind was playing tricks on me again. Connor turned into Hudson. This could be anybody. It could be Hudson for Christ sakes.

"No" I cried at the top of my lungs, kicking and screaming. As I was being carried away to an unknown location."It's not you, it can't be"

"Bella calm down" he hushed. His arms carrying me with no problem.

"It's not Niall!" I screamed pushing on his shoulders trying to get away

"Shhhh..... Darling... listen to me" he hushed placing me down on a familiar rickety old chair.

Come on Bella feel your surroundings. Ground yourself. Where are you?

My feet were placed on a cold tile floor, my hands reaching out to feel the splinter wood of the chair beneath me, the smell of bleach invading my nostrils,... the cleaning closet... I was in the cleaning closet.

I opened my tear filled eyes enough to see we are in fact in the cleaning supply closet before cowering back down

Niall crouched in front of me. "You're Bella, my best friend in the entire world, the strongest women I have ever met. The one with the pretty smile, sun kissed freckles on her cheeks, the bluest eyes the shine in the sunlight, the one the beautiful smile that could light up the world and the biggest heart"

Tears continued flowing down my cheeks but my body stoped fighting him. Now shaking from crying so hard. But I was giving him my full attention.

"I'm Niall. You're best friend. The one who is so thankful that you forgave his dumbass over and over again. The one who messed up so many times and is struggling but his beautiful best friend is always right next to him. Bella I need you. Please"

I looked up his eyes. The familiar blue shining bright. The same way they did yesterday when his lips were inches from mine. This was Niall. My Niall.

I fling forward into his embrace. Knocking Niall backwards as I did. I was now trying to catch my breath from what I just went trough.

"I'm so sorry.. please forgive me... I didn't mean to hurt you...I'm sorry" I burried my head into his neck. Clinching him tight.