Fifteen

Hudson sped down the road my head still spinning from what just happened.

"What the fuck was that Hudson!" I spat at him. The alcohol in my blood steam giving me confidence.

"You didn't answer my text earlier" his foot hit the gas pedal harder "I tracked your phone" he held up my phone.

I grew stiff looking down at my phone in his hands seeing missed text from Hudson. That must have been who was texting me earlier. I completely forget to check.

"I'm sorry I got busy, I left you a note"

"You failed to say the friend was fucking Pub Boy that  you were going to be getting drunk off your ass with"
his grip on the steering wheel tighten as he raised his voice.

"Why does it fucking matter" I huffed "Where were you all day then huh?" I spat back giving him a taste of his own medicine. He turned to me with dark eyes.

"Shut the fuck up" he pulled into the driveway throwing the car into park. He stormed off into the house. I chased him inside before slamming the door behind me

"No don't play me, if you must know where I am 24/7.." he turned around with rage. He struck me in the face with a fist.

"You're pathetic!" He then took me by the neck. Pushing  me against the door. "You listen to me"

"You can not see pub boy again with out my permission" his grasp tighten "do you hear me"

"Yes" I choked before he let me go. I slumped to the ground trying to catch my breath.

"You fucking slut" he kicked me in the stomach "fuck you" He turned and walked into the bedroom leaving me curled up on the ground. I gasped for air before crawling over to the couch. I didn't know how much more of this I could take.

"Two draft beers!" It was another busy night. My head was still spinning from last night and earlier this morning. Never am I going to mix pain medicine and alcohol again.

"Coming right up!" I heard Desi behind me as she rushed behind the bar with an empty tray "You alright hun? You're totally off today"

"Sorry ... I'm fine" I took the tray from her beginning to pour the two beers for the customers. Desi watched me with intent eyes. She knew I wasn't fine. I wasn't focusing on the beer stein in my hand. The beer overflowed and pooled at my feet.

"Would you stop staring" I snapped at her. "Shit"

"Woah sorry calm down" she put her hands up offensively. She throw a towel at me from her apron pocket.

"I've got enough eyes on me I don't need your as well " I looked up across the room. Hudson was standing guard by the door but still had his eyes on me. Watching my every move as I wiped up my mess.

"It's gotten worse hasn't it?" Desi  crouched down to where I was ,whispering in my ear

"Desi" I sighed standing back up. "I'm not in the mood" I throw the dirty rag in the sink and took off with my tray of beers. The booth I was serving had two young Irish men.

"Here you go boys" I set down there drinks forcing a smile but knowing it didn't look natural.

"Why so puss?" One of them said obviously flirting.

"Yer man treating you badly?" The other one added in a heavy accent. Fuck even random boys hitting on me could see it.

"No and you better shut up before he comes over here" I turned on my feet storming away.

"That jammy bastard!"

"she's a feek isn't she mate" They continued shouting at each other as I walked away.

I throw my tray on the bar counter making Desi and Connor jump.

"Give me 10" I walked outside through our back door into the parking lot. Taking in the fresh air I so desperately needed. I sat on the curb taking a deep breath. It wasn't like me to get so upset at silly little things. But I've had it with the past few days. I was tired of fighting for the people I loved. Tired of getting hurt. I needed a break from reality but if this was all I could get I was taking it. The stars in the sky took my attention. Watching, hoping for a shooting star to wish on. I heard the back door open and slam shut. I didn't turn my attention to see but I knew exactly who it was, Niall.

"Bells, you alright?" He asked sitting down next to me "Did they say something to you?"

"No" I looked the opposite way staring at something in the distance.

"No you're not ok or no they didn't say anything?"

I sat there quietly now looking down at my hands. A tear rolled down my cheek. He nudged me with his shoulder waiting for my answer.

"Both" I got up. Wiping gravel from my pants before walking back inside. Niall not far behind me.

"You good Bella?" Desi asked as I turned the corner to be behind the bar again. She wiped a tear from my bruised eye that was covered with makeup. But is still made me wince and pull away. Her face twisted. "Bella?"

"I'm fine... I'm fine go back to work" I quickly rushed to the bathroom to make sure my makeup still covered my black eye.

The rest of the night dragged on. No one really talked to me but they were all starting, every single one of them. Of course for different reasons. Hudson was trying to make sure I don't come with in 4 feet of Niall, I could read Niall's and Desi's worried faces from across the room, and I'm sure Connor was contemplating sending me home for the night.

"All locked up" Conner shoved his keys in his pocket after locking up the back door.

"Night" I said my first word of the night before sitting in Hudson's car. They continued to talk out side the car. I pulled out my phone scrolling through s oils media. I looked up catching Niall's eyes. He was standing against his car, Desi next to him. I knew they were talking about me.

"Something's wrong?" I head Desi say trying to keep hush

"She seemed not like herself today" Niall ran his fingers through his hair. Yep they were definitely talking about me.

"She's fine" Hudson said point blank. Puffing on a cigarette "She's just been stressed lately, with her hand and being able to handle stuff, no need to worry guys. I've got it " he throw his cigarette bud on the cement. Stomping on it.

"Please Hudson, take care of her" Desi pleaded before hoping into her car. "I still think something is wrong"

Niall shook his head catching my gaze again. I quickly looked away back at my phone not wanting him to know I was listening. But I think he knew. Hudson climbed into the drivers seat before pulling out of the parking lot.

"You need to stop being a bitch, I can't keep making excuses for you"