Forty-Seven

"Morning" a younger nurse then last nights stood smiling next to my bed. I looked down at my hand noticing no wires or Ivs. She must have just took them out.

"Morning" I grumbled. My head killing me from the light shining through the window.

"Headache?" She asked rushing to her cart shifted through the drawers.
I just nodded bringing my hand to my forehead

"That's normal you're pain meds are wearing off, here take these it will help" she held out a cup of pain meds to me. I quickly threw them back with a swallowing water.

"Thank you"

The medicine allowing me to open my eyes wider. I looked around the room noticing she was the only one standing in my room.

"You're boyfriend went to grab you some clothes to go home in, otherwise you're all set to go" she said standing at her cart typing away at her chart.

"Oh... no he's not... Niall's... were just friends" I struggled with my words.

"Really" she looked up at me over her computer " Because he never left your side since the moment you got here hun"

"At all?" I asked confused as Niall said he just spent the nights here.

"Not at all, he never slept either" that explains the dark circles under his eyes "Thank god you woke up because he was struggling. I thought I would need to get a room ready for him soon"

"Oh" I was shocked

"Listen" she sighed sitting on the end of my bed "I've seen husbands who don't give that much attention to there wives. I know I'm just a nurse but I see a lot of people through out my day. I know what goes on in there heads. He definitely has feelings for you"

I blushed. Desi has told me multiple times our friendship was more. But hearing it from a stranger made it hit differently.

"You're up" Niall smiled from the doorway holding a bag in his hands.
"Alright I'll let you two talk" the nurse turned to me winking making my blush more aware "I'll be back to check you out in 10 minutes" patting my legs before she left

"You ready to blow this place" Niall sat the bag of clothes at the end of my bed

"More then ready" I said swinging my legs over the side of the bed slowly
Niall pulled out my change of clothes. A pair of track shorts and a tie dye T-shirt from camp I haven't worn since I was a teen.

"That's what you picked out for me to wear" I laughed

"Hey it's nicer then the paper thin gown you're currently wearing!" He shot back with a tease

"You could have had Desi help you pick out clothes, you now" I said trying to lift myself from the bed but was to shaky. He rushed to me side linking arms with me helping me stand up.

"I got you" he walked me to the bathroom sitting me down on the bench in the corner.

"Do you need help?" He said handing me my clothes

"Um.. yeah .. maybe" considered I couldn't lift my arms over my head without tearing a stitch, I did probably need help

"Ok I'll call the nurse" he said turn around to hit the call button

"No ni" I called stopping him " She has patients and more important things to do. And it will take forever for her to come back and I just want to go home, just please help me"

"Alright" he brought his hand to the back of his head. Darting his eyes around the room. Looking lost.

"Don't be nervous Niall" I laughed slightly "you can't hurt me more then I am already, plus I'm so high on pain killers right now I won't even remember this"