Eleven

Desi's apartment was the perfect size for her. She wasn't always the cleanest person, definitely a clutter collector but her apartment always felt like a second home. Felt better then being at Hudson's dump all the time. I needed a break from Hudson, a breathe of fresh air. He didn't say much when we got off work last night. He even slept on the couch. But I still felt suffocated. I snuck out to Desi's before he could wake up. I just need to sit down with a cup of coffe and my best friend.

"Here you go my lady, one cream no sugar" Desiree handed me my coffee in a bright pink mug

"Thanks, you know me" the warm cup felt comforting in my grasp.

"So" Desiree sat down next to me on her loveseat with her tall cup of coffee in her hands. Hers definitely full of more sugar. "I heard Niall will be preforming at The Mist"

"Yeah, I didn't talk to him much about it" I sighed. Desi gave me a questioning look.

"Are you happy?"

No was the answer but she was asking if I was ok with being close to Niall

" For him? Yeah I'm proud of him of course"

Her frown turned into a smile. " I'll always be proud even if he doesn't want me in his life"

" Bella, he does. I see it" he face fell again "you have to quit pushing him away"

"He doesn't want to be my friend Desi. He flat out told me I'm not important to him" I was becoming more stern as I put down my cup on the coffee table

"Then why does he still show up in your life" Her eyes caught mine as she put down her coffee as well. I could tell she was being serious. "He's trying. I see it. You don't think he has other friends? Famous ones for god sake He could just leave but I mean he shows up like a lost puppy"

I laughed shoving her leg.
"Stop he does not"

"Connor loves it" she wiggled her eyebrows making me laugh harder

"Alright alright" I smiled at her

"I'll give him a shot I guess. I do really miss him" it was my turn to frown now but it didn't last long as Desi pulled me into a hug

"You have me babe" she placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek making me laugh

" I know, and I love you"

She grabbed her coffee again taking a sip of the sweet liquid. I grimaced as she licked her lips.

"How do you like it that sweet?" I laughed teasing her . "Think there's more sugar in there then coffee"

" Hey just because you don't have a sweet tooth doesn't mean you can judge me for it"

"Not judging" my stomach began to hurt from laughing

Desi turned to me smiling " I like seeing you happy"

"Stop" I pushed her away grabbing my coffee from the table

"I'm serious! You've seemed sad and with Hudson..."

oh no. I didn't want her to bring him up. I knew she could read me well.

"What about him?" I snapped

"Bella" she sighed "I'm telling you this as a friend" he eyes caught mine as I took a sip of my coffee it burning my throat. "I see the way he treats you. It's not right hun h-he watches over you like he's obsessed or something " she reached out to put a hand on my shoulder but I stood up walking away from her. She was wrong. He was just trying to protect me.

"No you don't know" I said walking into the kitchen pouring the rest of my coffee down the sink as I didn't need anymore caffeine. "He's a good boyfriend and he looks out for me, he cares" I noticed her staring at me in the doorway. I sighed. "Ok I'm going to be honest it is overwhelming sometimes but I know he's doing it because he loves me. Like it's just his love language" I smiled at her but her face was still in a frown. "Now can we talk about some men in your life and give me a break please" I slapped her butt as I walked back into the living room.

"Alright" she giggled turning on her feet " but please be careful"

"Shit" a bottle of tequila fell off of the shelf shattering on the ground

"That better not have been top shelf Bella!" I heard Connor scream from his office

I laughed " no it was the cheap shit, almost gone to!" Screaming back as I walked into the closet for a mop. It was 9 o'clock and we were getting ready to open. Desi wasn't there yet as usual so I was straightening up the shelves waiting for her to show up so I could open the doors. Hudson sat in one of the booths scrolling through his phone. As I walked past by him to get to the janitors closet he made eye contact with me.

"Be more careful" his phone then took his attention as I didn't respond and grabbed the mop and bucket from the closet. Returning to the mess I made, where do I even begin to clean this up. I noticed Niall walking around the corner about to slip in my mess.

"Ni!" I reached out and grabbed his forearm stoping him from walking into glass. Catching him off guard he looked at me surprised. "Um sorry ... Watch my mess" I pushed by him to clean up before someone else comes around the corner.

"Still clumsy I see" he knelt down to help me pick up the shards of glass

"Hold on I tend to remember you being the clumsy one!" I said offended poking him in the chest.

He shook his head laughing. I returned to picking up glass but brought my eyes over to where Hudson was sitting out of habit. His eyes were dark and all on me. Not looking as I reached down to pick up another piece and felt a sting in my hand.

"Shit" I said now looking down and seeing red. I stood up shaking. One thing I couldn't handle was blood. Niall quickly stood up taking my hand in his, inspecting the cut on my inner palm.

"Bells cmon lets sit down" Niall wrapped his arm around my shoulder leading me to a bar stool. "Where's the first aid kit" He asked looking at my wound.

"I-in the employee bathroom" I shakily let out. His eyes meet mine. He knew I couldn't handle blood, from when Niall would scrape his knee playing football growing up. I would run away screaming for our parents.

"Take some deep breathes, I'll be right back." He rushed away into the break room. I felt Hudson's eyes on me making my head spin even more. Niall quickly returned with our red box of first aid supplies. He took out some alcohol wipes and started cleaning my hand as I looked away to gain my composure.

"Sorry it'll sting " he said reaching for gauze. There was silence as he bandaged up my wound with gentle hands. I could tell he was being careful, hiding the blood from my view. "I think this just proves that you are the clumsy one" he said breaking the silence.

A smile crept on my face as he finished wrapping my hand.  "Thank you Niall" I said wiggling my fingers through the gauze making sure I could still move them.

"No problem darling. Just glad you didn't faint on me" he said as he put the supplies back in the first aid box as I stood up from my chair on my more sturdy feet.

"Wouldn't be the first time a girl fainted for you would it? " I said shoving his shoulder laughing.

"Sorry you know traffic...oh my god Bella you ok!" Desi came through the back door noticing the mess on the floor and my hand. She rushed in front of me careful not to step on glass.

"Don't freak out Desi! Just cut myself" I put my hand on her shoulder to calm her down. " Now, lets get this cleaned up before someone else gets hurt" I motioned got the mess still on the ground.

" ok I'll get a broom" she sent me and Niall a wink before she walked away to the closet
"Good idea" I said giggling returning to my job