Fifty Eight

"1 day,3 hours , and 43 minutes" Desi cheered next to me as we cleaned the bar for opening.

"What?" I asked laughing at her crazy attitude

"Till your birthday silly!" She slapped my ass making me jump and glare at her

The end of July was approaching. Witch meant the end of holiday was closer meaning even slower business. It also meant my birthday.

"Well it's no big deal..."

"Arabella Rose ! Come on we are going to have the best weekend! Connor says we could use The Mist for a party after closing. Then going to Aidan's cabin... girl you have be excited!"

"Eh" I shrugged throwing the rag I was using back in the bus tub. Ringing the soapy liquid out before I continued wiping down chairs.

Honestly I was to nervous to see Niall to be excited about anything. Luckily he wasn't performing tonight.

I finish wiping down the chairs and legs. Making sure everything looked perfect for opening. With Connor away I was mostly in charge and wanted everything to be perfect.

Soon I felt eyes on me other then Desi's. I glanced around seeing Aidan at his post getting ready to open. No not him.

"He's in the office" Desi whispered in my ear now causing me to shutter

"What the fuck Desi!" I laughed now noticing her closeness as she stood over me

"Niall" she continued "he's in Connor's office"

I looked over seeing the door to his office slightly open. Niall sitting were Connor usually sat.

"Weird he's not supposed to be here today..." 

"Go" Desi said taking my rag from my hands and holding it above my head

"Oh no absolutely not!" I tried jumping to get my rag back from her and failed as she was almost a foot taller then me.

"Have you even talked to him since you know.." she made a kissy face causing me to cringe

"No Desi" I whined stomping my feet and crossing my arms over my chest.

Frankly I didn't want to talk to Niall. The atmosphere between us has been so awkward I wanted to be far away.

"Well what are you waiting for" she warned pushing me towards the door

I stumbled into the doorway causing Niall to look up at me laughing.

Fuck no going back now.

"Hey" I said shyly sitting across from him.

"Hi" his attention turned back to the computer on the desk "You ok?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah perfectly fine... What are you doing?" I asked playing with a stray piece of hair that has fallen from my bun as he typed away on the computer.

"Come here and see" he motioned for me to join him on the opposite side of the desk.

I walked behind the desk standing directly behind the desk chair. The computer screen was lit up with a listing of a business building.

"What am I looking at exactly?" I asked leaning in closer to the computer.

"Uh..." he shifted uncomfortably in his seat making me confused "it's a empty building in London"

"Yeah I see that" I giggled causing him to laugh softly.

"It's a few blocks from my place"

"Hmm" I studied the listing closer before reaching for the mouse to scroll. Only to grab his hand on top of the mouse instead.  "Ah Shit ... I'm sorry" I said as I was making this so awkward. I immediately pulled away and turned my head to look at him. Noticing now how close our faces were as I leaned over him. The feeling of his lips against mine appearing in my mind. Causing goosebumps to form on my neck. My cheeks growing to there red shade that's common at this point.