Twenty-Seven

"You know, I don't ever remember us fighting?" I looked out the car window as it was pouring rain. Niall driving me to work giving up on his side of the argument.

"Jesus Christ Bella that's not true" I turned to him seeing him glance at me. " I used to want to kick you're ass for beating me in football"

I laughed remembering the memory quite differently. I was terrible at sports. Being short and having bad coordination never helped. " That never happened"

He laughed. "You're right but we did fight"

"Over stupid things like who's going to do the homework and who's ball belonged to who" I rolled my eyes, the rain on the windshield taking my attention.

"Well there was that one time"
I turned to him raising my eyebrows " Really when?"

"When you almost fucking murdered me for dating Carrie Ann"

A memory flooded back to me. We were 14. Carrie Ann was a, how to I put it nicely, a bitch. She used me to get close to Niall. Faked wanting to be my friend just to shag my best friend. That wasn't cool with me. Niall deserved better then that.

" She was a backstabbing bitch"

"Bella Rose watch your language" he joked using my middle name

"Fuck off" I rolled  my eyes once again  "Please" I added

Niall laughed placing a hand on my knee to steady himself "No you're right. She was a fucking bitch, sucked at kissing too"

"Alright enough" I brushed his hand off my knee before looking back out at the rain. "I guess I'm not the only one to blame"

"Hmm?" Nails questioned pulling into the parking lot

"Just a month ago, in your lawn.We were fighting when Hudson came to pick me up. Remember?"

"Yeah I remember" Niall bit his lip, before turning to me. "You know I always hated him from that moment. The minute I truly saw how he treated ya" he caught my gaze. I quickly looked down at my lap. I never realized his hatred towards Hudson was that strong.

"I guess you're just to much of a gentleman to show it" I opened the door. Raining fast into the Mist. Trying to keep dry the best I could.

I took of my soaked jacket and threw it in my locker. Shaking my damp hair out when the door to the break room swung open and in walked Desi.

"You're alive!" She ran over to me wrapping her arms around me and kissing my cheek over and over.

"Desi you're going to ruin my makeup more then the rain already did " I laughed pulling away

"Shut up you dont need it anyway" she laughed walking over to her locker "so where have you been?"

I sighed. I didn't really want to tell Desi. It wasn't the right time. I didn't need to relive my trauma. Not before I had to see Hudson and work with him for the night.

"Just busy" I shrugged pulling my apron from my locker

She turned to me knowing I was lying. "Bella, babe you text me every day and then all of a sudden you stop. Somethings up"

"I really don't want to talk right know Desi, we are supposed to be working" I slammed my locker shut getting annoyed. "tomorrow over coffee?" I suggested. Hoping she would leave the subject alone.

"Yeah sounds great" she returned a smile "but you know you can talk to me right? Any time. Any day. About anything."

"I love you" I pulled her into a hug "Tomorrow I promise"