||Chapter 1||

-Author's POV-

Deep breaths.

It was finally time to take the stage; it was her dream to stand in front of an audience. But it was always the judgment that came along with the singing, the picking and choosing of what's perfect and what's perfectly imperfect. Everything was perfect to her, and although many didn't see it, she saw beauty in the world that was filled with dark souls.

A world occupied with the tug and pull, power and fortune. Her attitude always masked her true feelings, true emotions, and most of all; the love that was thrown out a long time ago. Fifteen but filled with so much wisdom and hurt. Lying to herself, and biting back to everyone was the only thing she ever knew how to do.

"Hello" Her voice resounds into the silent arena.

"Hello," Simon greets the confident teen. Her entire look screamed popstar, and Simon loved every second of it. "What's your name?"

"Madison" She replies, her eyes work wildly as she tries to take in every inch of the large stage. The judges only a few feet away, she can practically hear their thoughts, but it doesn't bother her, in fact, she wanted to hear every word they thought about her. She locks eyes with every judge. Right, that's Louis.. Mel.. Cheryl.. and Simon.

"How old are you sweetheart?" Cheryl asks, dimples forming with the world famous smile. She returns the smile, her own dimples mirroring the Geordie judge.

"Fifteen"

"Don't you think you're too young?" Cheryl asks.

"Don't think you're ever to young to follow your dreams. Why? Do you think I'm too young?" Madison takes the judges by surprise. Simon sits back in his seat with a grin. We've got ourselves a little popstar. He chuckles to himself.

"That's true," Cheryl begins with a smile "Your talent will always be there next year, don't you think?"

"Why wait until next year when you've got the present? Why make the age limit fourteen if you think I'm too young?" She rolls her eyes, suddenly getting annoyed with the questions.

"Fair point," Simon laughs "Who are you here with today?"

"I thought this was a singing competition?" The teen fires back. Mel and Cheryl look at each other with raised eyebrows, completely unimpressed with the teen's attitude.

"I wanted the girls.. Not so sure anymore" Mel whispers to Cheryl, in which they laugh. Madison sighs and cocks her head to the side, waiting for Simon to give tech crew the cue for the music.

"Alright, you win." He holds his hand up, the music fills the arena immediately. Madison takes in a deep breath, and makes the stage her own.

She confidently sings every word, her body working with the music. It's not an upbeat tune, but she can't control the music that takes over every part of her being.

"Take it back, I want the girls!" Mel quickly says to Cheryl. The Geordie is too engrossed in the performance to look or hear anything else but Madison. The teens long brown locks sway with her hips, like a snake slithering, she rolls them ever so gracefully. She shows off her body in the crop top she'd opted for her audition. Dressed in all black, head-to-toe. It was her favorite color, and she was sure it matched her soul. Dark and tar.

The last lyric echoes. The arena erupts with loud claps and screams of pure ecstasy at the teenager's performance.

"I think we've got ourselves a little popstar!" Louis shouts into the microphone, clapping his hands wildly. Simon nods his head at Madison with a smile. She's not sure how to respond with such exhilarating claps from the audience; all she can do is take it in. These moments don't last forever.